PDA

View Full Version : Road to Collins

renorich1945
03-02-2014, 07:22 PM
Going to take my maiden voyage with my new (old) motorhome. Love to have some imput on the 20 hwy from Reno thru Grass Valley. Plan to go to Collins on tuesday and fish from the shore. Don't want to take the boat on the first trip. I'm more concerned with the road than I am about the fishing. ( fishing is ALWAYS good. :) ) I'll bring the camera and hopefully post some pics when I get back.

Reel Fun
03-02-2014, 07:33 PM
Road is fine...water will be muddy!!!

redneckpunk
03-02-2014, 07:35 PM
What kinda of input you looking for? HWY 20 from the junction of 80 just east of Emigrant Gap is a truck route. I've pulled both 2 28ft trailers as well as a 53ft trailer across there.

Can check road conditions here;
http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi

~RNP

heatsource
03-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah good road. Some hills some windy curves but easily navigable with your rv. Can get bad in snow storms..., like RNP said, check conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renorich1945
03-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Road is fine...water will be muddy!!!

Thank you for the info. I'm really just checking out the rv. Anytime I get my line in the water, I'm a happy camper :)

renorich1945
03-02-2014, 11:47 PM
What kinda of input you looking for? HWY 20 from the junction of 80 just east of Emigrant Gap is a truck route. I've pulled both 2 28ft trailers as well as a 53ft trailer across there.

Can check road conditions here;
Road Conditions (http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi)

~RNP

Thank you. I'll check this before I go.

Grncrestliner
03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
I fished Collins again today and most of the coves are really getting muddy. The main body is not too bad. The lake came up a foot since Saturday and I have 1.25 inches in my rain gauge so far for today. I would try near the dam or in front of the swim beach. I think the water is only going to get even more off color from today's rain but there are still some fish being landed. I only targeted bass today and landed a few.
John

renorich1945
03-04-2014, 06:47 AM
I fished Collins again today and most of the coves are really getting muddy. The main body is not too bad. The lake came up a foot since Saturday and I have 1.25 inches in my rain gauge so far for today. I would try near the dam or in front of the swim beach. I think the water is only going to get even more off color from today's rain but there are still some fish being landed. I only targeted bass today and landed a few.
John

Thank you John. I'll be heading up there this morning.

Grncrestliner
03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
Had a great time today renorich just sorry I could not put you on a few more fish.:thumbsup: I guess if I drove a little slower we might have done better. Maybe I can fish out of your Crestliner some day.
John

ampm
03-05-2014, 09:48 AM
Had a great time today renorich just sorry I could not put you on a few more fish.:thumbsup: I guess if I drove a little slower we might have done better. Maybe I can fish out of your Crestliner some day.
John

Did u guys leave ay fish for the rest of us?

renorich1945
03-09-2014, 06:40 PM
John

You're more than welcome anytime. I'm hoping that "my lake" will give you the same kind of action as Collins did for us. I don't know if my boat can drive as fast as yours, it only has a 60hp. :biggrin:

renorich1945
03-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Did u guys leave ay fish for the rest of us?

LOL. Don't worry, we released most of them. I only took a few home. Nice size rainbow. In fact after I took a picture on the catch, my camera weighed more.:o