PDA

View Full Version : Halsey Forebay

Rugby Lock
03-04-2014, 06:09 PM
Heya Sniffers!

Had a few free hours on Saturday so I grabbed the family and headed up to Halsey Forebay which is becoming a favorite spot for me as it's quite close and easy to get to. Got the poles in about 3pm with Gulp Chunky Chartreuse, a certain Captain's favorite I'm told, with some Nightcrawler gel scent. No bites in the first hour so we moved spots. In our new spot for about 20 minutes when one of the bobber starts to go up. So, I get over there and hook the fish and pass the rod off to my son. He reels it in after a good fight! Nice 15" bow just under two pounds! As I am getting that fish unhooked and on the stringer another rod goes off and my boy races over and grabs it before I get a chance! After a good fight it's a 17" bow at just a hair under two pounds! Would've like to have got a chance to fight one myself but the youngin had fun so it's all good! Mayhaps the tug will be his drug?? :) Left home soon after and now one is in a pouch in the oven getting ready to be eaten!

CAL.NDN
03-04-2014, 06:23 PM
Great drug to.get them.addicted to. Get em hooked as young and as much as you can the younger the better. Good job there

49erbassman
03-04-2014, 06:38 PM
That's what it's all about right there!

Fish on!

Lifted
03-04-2014, 07:33 PM
Those are nice fish! Great trip!

salmonid
03-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Looks like a great time with your son, Rugby! Decent sized fish in his net.

If we meet up on the water sometime, I'll bring you a new hat.

Best,

monkey916
03-04-2014, 08:06 PM
way to get out... and put the kids on some fish...good job...ps. the fish might bite more for you if you wear another hat...:cool2:

Rugby Lock
03-04-2014, 08:16 PM
way to get out... and put the kids on some fish...good job...ps. the fish might bite more for you if you wear another hat...:cool2:

Why? They going to feel sorry for me? :)

Rugby Lock
03-04-2014, 08:17 PM
Looks like a great time with your son, Rugby! Decent sized fish in his net.

If we meet up on the water sometime, I'll bring you a new hat.

Best,

Cool, I could use a new net... but then again.. would I catch anything or would the fish get intercepted??? :)

redneckpunk
03-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Cool, I could use a new net... but then again.. would I catch anything or would the fish get intercepted??? :)

Now thats some funny Chit right there, I dont care who you are

~RNP

salmonid
03-04-2014, 08:23 PM

Just messing with you, good point!

Best,

49erbassman
03-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Now thats some funny Chit right there, I dont care who you are

~RNP

Even I chuckled at that one but it hurt lol

Fish on!