PDA

View Full Version : Something for Pasta Lovers

tc
03-22-2009, 12:41 PM
I had this dish once in San Francisco at Kuleto's, and decided to make it myself, and I must admit, it's much better then they serve, (I have that from several diehard Italian friends that have eaten there). As with any Sauce, the longer you cook it, the better it will be. This is for a fairly large Lasagna Pan, but could easily be scaled down.

Tom

Penne con Agnello Salsiccia

2-Lbs. Lamb Chorizo
2-Lbs. Mild Italian Sausage
2-Medium Yellow Onions
12-Large Cloves Garlic
1-Cup Flat Leaf Parsley
1-Bunch Fresh Basil or 3Tbs. Dried
2-Tsp. Dried Oregano
2-Tbs. Fennel Seed
3-28 oz. Cans of Crushed Tomatoes
2-28 oz. Cans of Tomato Sauce
2-12 oz. Cans of Tomato Paste
2-Cups Red Wine
2-32 oz. Containers of Ricotta Cheese
2-Lbs. Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (Shredded)
1-5 oz. Wedge of Asiago Cheese (Grated)
1-5 oz. Wedge of Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
2-1 Lb. Boxes of Penne, Rigatoni or Garganelle

Dice Lamb Chorizo and Italian Sausage, Sauté in Large Pot Until Browned. Add Chopped Onions, Garlic and Parsley, Sauté Until Soft. Add Crushed Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Tomato Paste, Wine, Basil, Oregano and Fennel Seed, Let Simmer at Least 3-Hours.
Cook Penne in Salted Water Until Done.
In Large Lasagna Pan, add Some Sauce, Ricotta, Mozzarella, Asiago and Parmesan Cheese. Continue Building Layers Until You Run Out of Pan. Finnish With Sauce and Cheeses, Bake @ 350° for Approximately 1-Hour.

Enjoy!

Farrier_Frank
03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Holy Smokes, TC!!! That sounds great!! It also sounds like a batch big enough to bring to one of the Fests. Let me know what Fest you might bring that dish to and I'll be there... even if I don't go fishing I'll let the Italian in me decide how good that really is. 8-)

Rusty_Hooks
03-22-2009, 01:09 PM
This is a pyramidfest recipe for sure Frank....

Man does that look good....Thanks TC

How would you size "Fairly large" ;D ;D

metalmouth
03-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Yum! Where do you get Lamb Chorizo at??? :)

tc
03-22-2009, 02:28 PM
We have a local Butcher Shop in Reno that always has it, if not fresh, than frozen. I usually keep two or three packages in my freezer. It is tasty stuff.

Tom

tc
03-22-2009, 02:31 PM
This is a pyramidfest recipe for sure Frank....

Man does that look good....Thanks TC

How would you size "Fairly large" ;D ;D

With a little Salad and Garlic Bread, it will feed twenty or so hungry Pisan's, I have a hard time cooking small batches, but it does freeze well.

Tom

tc
03-22-2009, 02:34 PM
Holy Smokes, TC!!! That sounds great!! It also sounds like a batch big enough to bring to one of the Fests. Let me know what Fest you might bring that dish to and I'll be there... even if I don't go fishing I'll let the Italian in me decide how good that really is. 8-)

I was thinking about making Gumbo for the Pyramid Fest, maybe I do this instead, although I don't know where I'm going to get an Oven big enough for my Lasagna Pan, I'm planning on Tenting it.

Tom

metalmouth
03-22-2009, 02:46 PM
We have a local Butcher Shop in Reno that always has it, if not fresh, than frozen. *I usually keep two or three packages in my freezer. *It is tasty stuff.

Tom

Paint me green! That sounds awesome!

Farrier_Frank
03-22-2009, 03:44 PM
We have a local Butcher Shop in Reno that always has it, if not fresh, than frozen. *I usually keep two or three packages in my freezer. *It is tasty stuff.

Tom

Paint me green! That sounds awesome!

Think about it: Nevada has always had a strong Basque population, and that means sheep. It just goes to figure they'd have lamb chorizo... Next time I go over there fishing with Mongo I'm gonna find some. I love lamb and I love chorizo. 8-)

metalmouth
03-22-2009, 03:48 PM
Idaho has a big Basque population as well. I'm going hunting! *:)

Farrier_Frank
03-22-2009, 03:57 PM

Naaaw. Not gonna happen. All the Basque in Idaho turned their ranches into resorts and started eating Polish Dogs. ;D

metalmouth
03-22-2009, 04:09 PM

Naaaw. Not gonna happen. All the Basque in Idaho turned their ranches into resorts and started eating Polish Dogs. ;D

Your killin me here Frank! ;D We still have millions of sheep so I know there must be some resort chorizo somewhere! :o

[smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

Farrier_Frank
03-22-2009, 04:19 PM
We still have millions of sheep so I know there must be some resort chorizo somewhere! *:o

Resort chorizo? I'm not touching that one. [smiley=wileecoyote.gif]