PDA

View Full Version : Small Kwikfish

Porem
03-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi All,

I was at OPS in Santa Rosa today and they had some "bargain buckets" sitting out. I grabbed a few K4 Kwikfish for some reason and bought them. I have used K14-16 for Salmon on the Sac in the past but I have never really used any smaller ones. Driving home I am thinking "why the F did I buy these, and how do I run them" anyone here ever fish Kwiks in that size or similar.

I was thinking of trying them at Berry for trout but not really sure how to run them. Top line or on the DR.

Anyone have any success with these, or did I just add to the pile of things that look cool but do not
Catch fish in my tackle cabinet.

Thanks,
Phil

kokekilla
03-05-2014, 08:32 PM
I have two of them in that size 1orange and 1 rainbow trout i have ran them on the down rigger and on top line I've never got any on the orange but the rainbow seems to do really well I've landed a few bows on that one I cover them in pro cure and run them about 1.5 -1.9

drinkinbuddy
03-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I have seen videos long time ago of bass just smashing them. I would expect depending on the size you could get all sorts of fish to grab them with the proper retrieve