PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Seco?

fish_junky
03-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Thinking of fishing this lake with the Yak Wednesday. Its been a few years since I been there. Just wondering if you can troll it? I remember it having a lot of vegetation. How the water color? Muddy? Have they been planting it?

D Fish
03-09-2014, 12:56 PM
Thinking of fishing this lake with the Yak Wednesday. Its been a few years since I been there. Just wondering if you can troll it? I remember it having a lot of vegetation. How the water color? Muddy? Have they been planting it?

Just was there last week, haven't been there in years so decided to give it a shot.. I had no luck, water visibility was very good actually I fished the launch area and could see all the way to the bottom 6ft+ REALLY clear.. Anyways I threw kastmasters, and soaked bait for an hour or so towards the evening.. I also tried bass fishing, I spoke with the maintenance guy named Paul who was really nice who said the day before he had a pro bass fishing friend that caught a 13lb+ Largemouth! He also went ahead told me the record was 18lb+ Largemouth.. Those are some monster size largemouths! I believe those bass are eating the little planters that are planted in the lake( the do plant trophy size trout also).. You can use a trolling motor and they have been planting it.. Good luck, water may be different now from last rain..

Trickytrucker
03-09-2014, 03:26 PM
You can only use electric on the lake. I got my butt chewed out years ago when I had my gas motor on my boat up out of the water and was trolling with my electric trolling motor. Guy was super upset, yelling and cussing! Pulled off my gas and put it in the pickup.

Never have done real good at the lake but it is a nice place to get away to.

Good luck.

Trickytrucker:Gone_fishing: