PDA

View Full Version : Purchase your fishing licenses BEFORE Saturday's NorCal Trout Angler's Challenge

FPT
03-10-2014, 07:54 AM
A reminder to those fishing the Nor Cal Trout Angler's Challenge this Saturday at Lake Amador...

Lake Amador no longer sells fishing licenses...and there is no place nearby to purchase one.

Therefore...please ensure that you have one before you get to the lake!

See you all there!

Angler's Press

PapaGreg
03-10-2014, 08:05 AM
You can get license's at Wal-mart and a few other places in Jackson, not real close, maybe 10 miles away. Just a thought in case anyone needs one.

PapaGreg
03-10-2014, 08:08 AM
FPT, how does the registration/tournament work? If you pre-register, do you need to check in the day of the tourney? I also noticed the tourney is from 7-3, how does one know if people start fishing before 7? Just want to know, as I'll be there with the grandsons, thanks.

PapaGreg
03-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Got all the questions answered:fishing:!

dilbeck
03-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Got all the questions answered:fishing:!

Mind sharing your answers? I've preregistered and would like to know the answer.

sportygirl
03-11-2014, 06:48 AM
If they are doing like last event... There was a registration table. If pre registered was quick got wrist ban and your on your way!!! Otherwise fill out registration then and there. There was separate spot to buy raffle tickets!!! Then watch clock and be in line and weighted BEFORE 3:00 deadline!!! As for fishing before 7, we couldn't get into lake until 6:30 so pretty sure was honor system!

PapaGreg
03-11-2014, 11:41 AM
dilbeck, sportygirl gave you the general outline, you can go to the tourney website and it has the rules, hope this helps.

dilbeck
03-11-2014, 07:44 PM
dilbeck, sportygirl gave you the general outline, you can go to the tourney website and it has the rules, hope this helps.

Thank you both. I was at the SPR event but a buddy checked me in while I had our kayaks inspected.

Rules state the following:

All derby participants shall receive a unique wristband or hand stamp at check-in at the decision of the derby officials.
Since I'll be showing up late Friday and camping, I was hoping to avoid having to go back to the marina but it looks like we'll have to in order to be legit. Was hoping to have some extra time to set up the kayaks in the AM.

Anybody know when they changed the weigh-in time at the SPR derby? Didn't find out until I was off the water about 2:15 and it was too late to head back to the fishing grounds. Was definitely bummed to know that I could have had an extra hour.

sportygirl
03-11-2014, 07:53 PM
They changed the weight in time at SPR??? We were told 3 when we checked in!!! And said!!! Weighted by 3 not in line by 3! We left our spot about 2 just to have enough time to pack it back in and be in line. Only had bout 20 mins to spare!

sportygirl
03-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Were in campsite 90!!! Getting up there early fri!! Camp set up cracking a beer!!! Stop by!

dilbeck
03-11-2014, 11:35 PM
According to the rules:

Each lake has different times that the gate will be open. Derby fishing hours for all events will be from7:00 am to 2:00pm.

What time did you guys check in at SPR. My buddy checked us in about 6:15 and he didn't mention anything about a time change for weigh in.

Unfortunately I won't be arriving at Amador before 8:00PM - maybe later. If, for whatever reason I arrive earlier, I'll stop by to say hello to you and RNP.

My bad about the thread-jack. We're not talking about licenses. :embarassed:

sportygirl
03-12-2014, 07:46 AM
According to the rules:

What time did you guys check in at SPR. My buddy checked us in about 6:15 and he didn't mention anything about a time change for weigh in.

Unfortunately I won't be arriving at Amador before 8:00PM - maybe later. If, for whatever reason I arrive earlier, I'll stop by to say hello to you and RNP.

My bad about the thread-jack. We're not talking about licenses. :embarassed:

Well this is a good point!!!! the flyer states 7-3....the rules state 7 -2 ...Maybe they will chime in and confirm we have till 3:00 for weigh in???? Which is want we had at the last one!

PapaGreg
03-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Talked to Sandy in the store today, she was going to call Sheldon and get the info for us, hope it all gets cleared-up! I know Amador generally opens at 5-5:30am, so it'll be interesting.

PapaGreg
03-12-2014, 02:26 PM
Don't know if they are there for the derby, but several rv's were checking in today. I'll be checking in for the derby with the grandsons Saturday morning, I can get their wristbands for them? Not sure how patient they'll be if the line is long.

PapaGreg
03-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Just got off the phone with anglerspress, they said they will post the info here tonight. Gentleman said registration will probably start at 6:30 and fishing starts at 7. Good luck to all:bomblighting:!

FPT
03-12-2014, 05:06 PM
For all of you fishing the NorCal Trout Angler's Challenge this Saturday please note:

EVERYONE - even if you have pre-signed must check in

Registration table will open at 6:00am

The event starts officially at 7:00am - so no lines in the water before 7:00am

You can buy tickets for the raffle at registration

See you all there!

Angler's Press

sportygirl
03-12-2014, 05:31 PM
Back by 3??? Or 2???

FPT
03-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Back to the weigh-in area by 3:00pm