PDA

View Full Version : Upside Down Apple Pecan Pie

SuperDave
03-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I desperately need someone that's not on a diet to try this one and let me know. It keeps haunting me.

GLAZE
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tbsp corn syrup
1/2 cup pecan halves

CRUST
1 Two Crust Pie Mix

FILLING
2/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp All Purpose Flour
1 tsp cinnamon
5 cups peeled apples, sliced

Preparation

COMBINE brown sugar, melted butter and syrup in 9" (23 cm) pie plate. Spread evenly to coat bottom of pan. Arrange pecans over mixture. Prepare pastry as directed for two-crust pie. Place bottom pastry over mixture in pan, gently pressing onto nuts.

COMBINE all filling ingredients, tossing to coat apple slices. Turn into pastry-lined pan. Cover with top pastry. Fold edge under bottom crust. Press together to seal. Flute edge. Cut slits to allow steam to escape.

BAKE at 425F for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 325F and bake 25-35 minutes longer, or until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. Let set 5 minutes then loosen edge of pie and carefully invert onto serving plate. Serve warm or cold with ice cream or whipped cream

Prowler
03-09-2009, 03:49 PM
Dave, my brother has made this a couple times with apples from his backyard. I gotta tell you, coming from a guy who doesn't much like sweets and especially pie, that this is a delicious recipe. The pecans get nice and crispy and well, it's hard to actually put into words how mouth wateringly good it is and how much time I spend thinking about that pie. I think I need to make another trip to the coast now....thanks a lot ::)

SuperDave
03-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Now I just have to figure out how to work it into my diet program. :(

okie
03-09-2009, 04:36 PM
dave, fix 1 after our lunch on the 22nd, then on my way back i'll help you taste test it with a cup of coffee, just a little piece tho
bill