PDA

View Full Version : Proposed- New Reservoir

BaitMaster
03-20-2014, 12:28 PM
2 Congressmen Seek Momentum To Build New Reservoir CBS Los Angeles (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/03/19/2-congressmen-seek-momentum-to-build-new-reservoir/)

Heard about this on NPR yesterday...

What do you guys think?

Bassassin83
03-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Does no good when we have no rain and no snow. They are proposing to make a dam between Millerton Lake and Temperance Flats to form another reservoir as well, but without rain fall or snow what good is it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

dsa2780
03-23-2014, 08:12 PM
Agree with the above. What use is a reservoir when poor management is just going to empty it during the summer of a drought year? You could have the biggest reservoir in the world and it wouldn't make a difference. What these congressmen should maybe be doing is promoting everyone to stop having so many kids to curve our ever expanding population and lack of finite resources like fresh water. That'll never fly though, so we'll prolly be seeing them be made lol.

I want them to be only be stocked with native species though. Sacramento suckers and delta smelt please.

salmonid
03-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Saw that the sites reservoir would be off channel and only filled when there are wet years.

I'm not saying that is a crock and another water grab, but I am saying that fish need water and high water. Sturgeon reproduce best in high water years and salmon smolts get down river best with lots of flows.

Bad idea for fish to build new water storage on the Sac.

My 2 cents,