PDA

View Full Version : 15 pound Monster Brown !!!!!

Gene St. Denis
03-31-2014, 01:30 PM
Lake Pardee Monster 15 Pound Brown !!!!! :party-smiley-0201: Mackfisher reports that his Buddy Jeff Tilley caught and released a 15 Pound German Brown in Lake Pardee on March 16, 2014 !!!! :fish_jumps:He was useing a 6.5 Inch Tui Chub Trophy Stick with 4 colors on Lead Core Out !!!! Awesome Work !!!!! :yoda23uk: gst http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/850/u4wf.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/nmu4wfj)

Akasha Twi-Path
03-31-2014, 03:18 PM
That's a MONSTER

WHT.RUS
03-31-2014, 03:18 PM
What a beauty! Thanks for sharing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

fyrmedic707
03-31-2014, 03:45 PM
WOW!! Incredible! And he released that beauty. Thats amazing.

Congrats on that hawg!!! :bananachaga:

outdoordude
03-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Thats a damn nice fish but it's not a brown. Gene are calling that a brown?....look at the spots....it's a king or a cut but the spots are not brown trout, or maybe I have a bad angle.

outdoordude
03-31-2014, 04:41 PM
Just looked again, it's a land locked king, not a brown, not the right kind and number of spots above the lateral line, nice fish though.

Jfitalia
03-31-2014, 04:55 PM
Just looked again, it's a land locked king, not a brown, not the right kind and number of spots above the lateral line, nice fish though.

Thats 100% a brown. First Pardee doesn't have landlocked kings or Cutts. They have rainbows, kokanee and browns. Plus of course bass, catfish pan fish

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

IronClad
03-31-2014, 04:58 PM

Yeah no.. Browns that spend all their life in a lake dont look like the super bright yellow/red spotted things you catch in a river.

mackfisher
03-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Thats 100% a brown. First Pardee doesn't have landlocked kings or Cutts. They have rainbows, kokanee and browns. Plus of course bass, catfish pan fish

That is a huge brown!Maybe he has never seen one that big...lol

outdoordude
03-31-2014, 05:05 PM
Sorry.....take a look at "lake tahoe browns" those are brown trout, what he is holding is not a brown trout....german, swiss, argentinian or otherwise!

Reel Fun
03-31-2014, 05:07 PM
Is there a pic?

Jfitalia
03-31-2014, 05:07 PM
Not all browns have the same spots. Nor all they always prominent. Plus even if Pardee held kings. That fish looks nothing like a king.

Jfitalia
03-31-2014, 05:08 PM
Is there a pic?

RF is it not showing in the initial post?

CAL.NDN
03-31-2014, 05:12 PM
The first time I seen a big brown caught at pardee I had to look at it a few times and still wasn't sure was a brown. It looked totally different then any brown I ever caught. But it was it a brown

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

outdoordude
03-31-2014, 05:13 PM
Ha, ha, thats true mack my pb brown is 9.4 oz from independence lake north of truckee, ca. Totally different sub species, wish I could find the pic, damn divorce, but that's another story I won't get into. Sorry to disagree but thats my opinion from being a brown trout fisher for the last thirty years +.

Jfitalia
03-31-2014, 05:14 PM
Ha, ha, thats true mack my pb brown is 9.4 oz from independence lake north of truckee, ca. Totally different sub species, wish I could find the pic, damn divorce, but that's another story I won't get into. Sorry to disagree but thats my opinion from being a brown trout fisher for the last thirty years +.

Well what would you call it then? They have no other fish in that lake.

sportygirl
03-31-2014, 05:26 PM
Brown blue yellow!!! Shoot I'd love to catch a fish that big!!! Nice post!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dsa2780
03-31-2014, 05:26 PM
That's for sure a brown. Square tail and kind of brown. Like was said before, browns can change and adapt to different water types. This is a brown trout from Denmark caught in the surf of the ocean on a fly. They are called sea trout there and are basically brown steelhead. 100 pure brown trout by genetics though. Not by any means what you think of when you think of a brown but it is in fact one. Sorry if the pic is too big, in a rush and can't resize it right now.

http://globalflyfisher.com/gallery/denmark_winter_2006/kasper_with_winter_sea_trou.jpg

Beast of a fish for sure. Those trophy sticks seem the way to go.

Reel Fun
03-31-2014, 05:34 PM
I see it now...brown for sure....and a pig brown at that!! I bet they just love those 10 in kokanee! I saw 10+ lbers at Melones eating released koks on the surface!

outdoordude
03-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Well what would you call it then? They have no other fish in that lake.

Not sure..my bad...im wrong....oh wait did I say that on a board I'm wrong! Just doesn't look like any brown I've ever seen...sorry to jack the thread. Nice Fish. Fish on!

CAL.NDN
03-31-2014, 06:38 PM
Like I said I picked up looked at one for a bit and thought was a brown but didn't know for sure because never seem one look like that. They definitely look different in pardee

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

outdoordude
03-31-2014, 06:41 PM
That's for sure a brown. Square tail and kind of brown. Like was said before, browns can change and adapt to different water types. This is a brown trout from Denmark caught in the surf of the ocean on a fly. They are called sea trout there and are basically brown steelhead. 100 pure brown trout by genetics though. Not by any means what you think of when you think of a brown but it is in fact one. Sorry if the pic is too big, in a rush and can't resize it right

Beast of a fish for sure. Those trophy sticks seem the way to go.
Dude that is a great fish...but in texas, never mind , speckled trout, sea trout, good eating,

Ducks247
03-31-2014, 08:50 PM
Nice brown awesome job on the release!! It kills me to watch people keep those big boys since there not planting them any more.

XPL051v3
03-31-2014, 09:04 PM
That pig might have been the lake record. I believe the record is currently 15.36lbs for Browns. Nice fish either way!

-Xzi

Kokamojoe
04-01-2014, 03:46 AM
Beautiful fish! And nice to see the big ones go free. Pradee has plenty of Kokes to keep browns happy and fat. Nice job!

Jfitalia
04-01-2014, 06:07 AM
That pig might have been the lake record. I believe the record is currently 15.36lbs for Browns. Nice fish either way!

-Xzi

I was thinking the same thing

Gene St. Denis
04-01-2014, 06:54 AM
Inspection LocationsRAMP & INSPECTION STATION UPDATE3/31/2014 Cave Rock is open. Lake Forest closed at 11am.4/1/2014: Cave Rock and Lake Forest will be closed due to severe winter weather. Please check back frequently as conditions may change. ATTENTION: No Inspections will be performed on Thursday April 24th and Friday April 25th at Cave Rock or Lake Forest. All inspectors will be in a mandatory training. Only sealed boats will be permitted to launch during this time.
ATTENTION: CAVE ROCK & LAKE FOREST boat launches will remain open for the winter season from 6am-4pm daily (weather permitting). Inspections for those watercraft without intact Lake Tahoe inspection seals will be performed when sufficient ambient light is available. Any watercraft that is not Clean Drained and Dry for inspection will not be permitted to launch. Decontamination requirements are determined at inspection, and will be scheduled at that time. Oh, well............:undecided: gst

Kokamojoe
04-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Inspection Locations

RAMP & INSPECTION STATION UPDATE

3/31/2014 Cave Rock is open. Lake Forest closed at 11am.

4/1/2014: Cave Rock and Lake Forest will be closed due to severe winter weather. Please check back frequently as conditions may change.

ATTENTION: No Inspections will be performed on Thursday April 24th and Friday April 25th at Cave Rock or Lake Forest. All inspectors will be in a mandatory training. Only sealed boats will be permitted to launch during this time.
ATTENTION: CAVE ROCK & LAKE FOREST boat launches will remain open for the winter season from 6am-4pm daily (weather permitting). Inspections for those watercraft without intact Lake Tahoe inspection seals will be performed when sufficient ambient light is available. Any watercraft that is not Clean Drained and Dry for inspection will not be permitted to launch. Decontamination requirements are determined at inspection, and will be scheduled at that time. Oh, well............:undecided: gst

Too bad, perfect day for toplining:undecided:

BigUnInDaBoat
04-01-2014, 07:48 AM
Thats a damn nice fish but it's not a brown. Gene are calling that a brown?....look at the spots....it's a king or a cut but the spots are not brown trout, or maybe I have a bad angle.

100% that is a hen brown trout

Gene St. Denis
04-01-2014, 02:56 PM
:thumbsup: Yes, folks it is a Brown !!!!! :salmon:and this is a Bunny !!! :rabbit6tn: gst

Troutoholic
04-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Boom! Nice fish

49ersfan
04-01-2014, 09:59 PM
huge fish.
damn good looking too :grin:

Troutbead
04-01-2014, 11:02 PM

Dude!!!!!!!!

Gene St. Denis
04-04-2014, 06:01 AM
It was just over 15 Pounds and it was Full of Life ......so He Released her !!!!! :salmon: I released Ten Fish Yesterday on Tahoe !!!! :fish_jumps: Eat em or Release em.....that is the Question ?????? :129fs238648: But, you have to catch them first.....Just Saying ... Loading up the PT-109 Right Now for some Friday Fun on the Lake of the Sky !!!! Cheers to those that deserve It !!!! gst

Kokamojoe
04-04-2014, 07:02 AM
It was just over 15 Pounds and it was Full of Life ......so He Released her !!!!! :salmon: I released Ten Fish Yesterday on Tahoe !!!! :fish_jumps: Eat em or Release em.....that is the Question ?????? :129fs238648: But, you have to catch them first.....Just Saying ... Loading up the PT-109 Right Now for some Friday Fun on the Lake of the Sky !!!! Cheers to those that deserve It !!!! gst

Go get em Gene!! I'm heading out to the boat as well.....should be a good day out there. I agree, you gotta catch em first:) "to be or not to be? That is the question" This is a personal question because it's legal to keep the fish. Those that preach only release are making their on personal law that they feel others should follow. Kind of like not drinking before noon;). My personal opinion is keep some and release some. If someone is a die hard kumba yah dancing in the flower fields release only guy.... Then put on the frikn single barbless hooks and leave the fish in the water at release. I like the way trout taste and will continue to enjoy them. Hope to see a trophy brown posted by you tonight. Cheers

stefanoflo
04-04-2014, 07:43 AM
Nope your all wrong!!
Its a Brown rainbow . Brown size, rainbow spots
a Interracial Brownbow!

Kokamojoe
04-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Or it could have been a foursome;) ... Kokanee, brown, rainbow, and large ass mouth bass:yikes:
Just fu$k'n with ya of course!

stefanoflo
04-05-2014, 12:25 PM
Or it could have been a foursome;) ... Kokanee, brown, rainbow, and large ass mouth bass:yikes:
Just fu$k'n with ya of course!

hell !!!
thats some crazy kinda lovin
In my river!!!

outdoordude
04-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Go get em Gene!! I'm heading out to the boat as well.....should be a good day out there. I agree, you gotta catch em first:) "to be or not to be? That is the question" This is a personal question because it's legal to keep the fish. Those that preach only release are making their on personal law that they feel others should follow. Kind of like not drinking before noon;). My personal opinion is keep some and release some. If someone is a die hard kumba yah dancing in the flower fields release only guy.... Then put on the frikn single barbless hooks and leave the fish in the water at release. I like the way trout taste and will continue to enjoy them. Hope to see a trophy brown posted by you tonight. CheersNow thats what II'm talking about.

outdoordude
04-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Nope your all wrong!!
Its a Brown rainbow . Brown size, rainbow spots
a Interracial Brownbow! that too

kong
04-06-2014, 06:46 AM
Beautiful Fish!!!, don't think it is a King, look at the jaw, if it is a king the jaw would be black.

HMONG_James_Vang
04-06-2014, 09:23 AM
:thumbsup: Yes, folks it is a Brown !!!!! :salmon:and this is a Bunny !!! :rabbit6tn: gst

hahahahaha lol

Gene St. Denis
04-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Rodger that James !!! gst