PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay

Kokamojoe
04-01-2014, 04:50 AM
Heading to my old stomping grounds mid April. It's been 15 years since I last fished out of Bodega for tuna, cod and salmon. I'm taking my dad for salmon, cod and crab fishing around the middle of April. Since it's been so many years since my last visit, I'm looking for advise on a good bait and tackle shop and camping. I'm also curious if anyone knows where I can buy some used crab pots fully rigged near Bodega. Thanks in advance
cheers

Seon
04-01-2014, 05:22 AM
I prefer camping at Westside next to the ramps and there's a bait shop right across the street of the Harbor Master's office. Troll for Salmon using Dodgers/Flashers with Anchovie or Herring trailer then use the heads and Carks for crab bait. Cod season isn't open fishing on a boat but you can jig from shore.

Kokamojoe
04-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Thanks Seon. I definitely need to get a copy of rules for fishing out there. Ill check out west side, and thanks for the bait shop info. Thanks for the input on salmon rigging . That's exactly how I did it years ago, large dodger followed by a rolling chovie. We used to troll a mile off the beach to the south. Have you heard any reports on crabbing? Do you know if anyone sells used crab pots? Thanks again
Joe

Seon
04-01-2014, 11:47 AM
... Have you heard any reports on crabbing? Do you know if anyone sells used crab pots? Thanks again
Joe

Only reports about crabbing is that there's still a lot of pots out there so for Salmon trollers, be careful :undecided: .

As to used pots, it's a hit or miss. Best to keep an eye on Craigslist and various fishing forums. They pop up every now and then.

Reel Fun
04-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Not related to fishing but camping.......there was a murder last week at Lawsons Landing not sure how or if that will affect camping there? I really like launching from there when its crowded at the other launch sites.

salmonid
04-01-2014, 06:09 PM
Any more info about that Reel Fun?

I am thinking about trying that place out later in the season. Hope the murder didn't involve the owners.

Best,

Not related to fishing but camping.......there was a murder last week at Lawsons Landing not sure how or if that will affect camping there? I really like launching from there when its crowded at the other launch sites.

Kokamojoe
04-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Thanks for the info Seon! Murder! Not good. Here is a link to some info on the murder. Strange **** goes on out there!

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Man-arrested-in-slaying-at-Tomales-Bay-resort-5334272.php

Reel Fun
04-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Any more info about that Reel Fun?

I am thinking about trying that place out later in the season. Hope the murder didn't involve the owners.

Best,

Should be fine now. I know the owners were not involved.

salmonid
04-03-2014, 05:11 PM
Thanks, Reel Fun.

Should be fine now. I know the owners were not involved.