PDA

View Full Version : Shaver Lake 04.08.14

crazyfisher
04-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Hey guys. Decided to take the afternoon off yesterday and head up to Shaver to do some fishing. It was quite warm in the valley and its only April *yikes* At least it was perfect up in Shaver. Low 70 to high 60. There was no one around (awesome!!!) I should go fishing more on the weekdays. Have to take advantage of this before all the jet skies and boats comes out. Then its higher elevation we go. :-)

Got to the lake around 2:30 near the dam area. Setup one rod with green pinched crawler and the other one just tossing lures. I get a hit on the green crawler however missed. I continue casting lures and bam fish on. Pretty descent size however it came unbutton near shore. I look over and my other rod goes off. Went and got it, set the hook and fish on. Landed it this time and it was a good size. Weigh in at 2.9 lbs. Not too bad of a start.

Then another tap on the same rod 20 mins later. I grab it and reel her in. Released to grow up. That was the first hour. After it went dead. Tried different lures and bait. Took out the water bubble and flies with no luck.

Took a break and played fetch with the dog to wear him out. As I am the gf got a hit and landed a good 2.4 lbs trout. Caught 2 more before we left at 6. Not too bad for a quick afternoon trip.

After the dog got a bath, he passed out. haha.

Until next time.

Brutus20
04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Not to bad at all. Great way to spend the afternoon. Nice trout. Cool dog too. Is that a Queensland Heeler? Thanks for posting.

.............Brutus...

crazyfisher
04-11-2014, 08:44 AM
yes he is a queensland heeler.