PDA

View Full Version : Markleevile opening weekend happenings

TahoeLund
04-16-2014, 07:48 PM
I wanted to update everyone on whats going on from the Alpine County Fish and Game Commision. We are so excited about this years opening weekend. There is a bright side to the low snow pack, the rivers will be fishable for opening day. We have started our planting program very early this year. Many years in the past we have not been able to plant before opening weekend, this year we started 4 weeks ago. There will be fish everywhere on the east and west for of the Carson rivers. By stocking early the fish will get a chance to spread out and get comfortable in the river. we have enhanced out trophy trout stocking program. We put in some fish after closing day last year in the 3 to 8 pound range. The fish we have put in this year are in the 3 to 10 pound range. If your not into the rivers Indian Creek Reservoir has been fishing very well this spring. The camp ground will be open for the opening weekend as will the boat ramp for smaller boats. So if you do decide to come for the opener make sure to stop by the Woodfords Volunteer firehouse for breakfast Saturday morning. We will be serving breakfast starting at 7 am. Pancakes, eggs, sausage, and some fruit will be on the menu. All proceeds benefit the Fire Department. Also make sure to stop in the Woodfords station and get a picture taken with your catch. Feel free to message me if you have any questions or want some advice. I hope everyone has a great opening day and a great fishing season this year.

Gene St. Denis
04-16-2014, 07:51 PM
Every Body, Stay Calm, Cool, and Collected !!!! :suesscat::wileecoyote::kahuna11ji::wow_2::ts6rp:: party-smiley-048::fish_jumps::Butthead::bananasplits::Butthead: :yoda1:gst

Captain Compassion
04-16-2014, 08:01 PM
Always an exciting time. Alpine County is the class act of the Eastern Sierra. Always beautiful trout and friendly people. The Campground at Indian Creek is one of the best in the Eastern Sierra and the fishing in the lake is off the hook insane. For the first time in 7 years, due to an appointment with some very large LCT, I will miss the opener. I do suspect I'll bat cleanup on Monday. Good luck all.

CC

colin
04-17-2014, 09:36 AM
Its says that Indian Creek Campground is not open till May 2nd. Per BLM on April 14th news release.

TahoeLund
04-17-2014, 07:50 PM
We were told it would be open but I would not question them changing the date. I will try and get info if I can and post it on here. Might depend on who I talk to and I will take a quick drive up there and see if they have posted a sign.

Jetspray
04-24-2014, 03:40 AM
Every Body, Stay Calm, Cool, and Collected !!!! :suesscat::wileecoyote::kahuna11ji::wow_2::ts6rp:: party-smiley-048::fish_jumps::Butthead::bananasplits::Butthead: :yoda1:gst
Boy if that ain't the truth Gene.........Jetspray

Jetspray
04-24-2014, 03:42 AM
We were told it would be open but I would not question them changing the date. I will try and get info if I can and post it on here. Might depend on who I talk to and I will take a quick drive up there and see if they have posted a sign.I hope the CG is open too, but there is Crystal Springs west of Woodford's Station. But for me it is 20 mins away........Jetspray