PDA

View Full Version : 2014 spring turkeys

outdoordude
04-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Anyone having any luck? My gf and I have been looking up here but no luck. Had one gobbling and saw him fly off, we weren't even close so we didn't spook him, and doesn't seem to be in the area anymore. But we'll keep tryin.

Porem
04-25-2014, 12:27 PM
The ranch was loaded with them last year. We have had some this year but nothing like last year. I am wondering if they went at it early this year due to the dry warm spring. I called some in during the early opener but no joy with the bow.

BigUnInDaBoat
04-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Around Melones has been a total bust for me. I took one jake with my bow up below twain harte, and that has been it. Even the birds that were coming around bothering my heritage turkeys have disappeared.

salmonid
04-25-2014, 05:17 PM
There are lots of them here this year, more than last year I think?

There is a flock (or whatever a group of them is called) that have invaded the UCD campus. Seems like they need to be thinned out a bit.

Good luck,

Porem
04-25-2014, 06:39 PM
I was wondering how last years hatch held up with the dry weather. I am sure try are still around but I think the patterns have changed a bit due to weather.

DRF
04-25-2014, 08:54 PM
We've been hunting in and around the 4000 foot elevation mark and finding decent number of birds. We've killed 3 birds out of the 5 hunts we've done. We got busted by a tom once and another time just flat wasn't anything any were and we put on some miles looking..

reeltor
04-26-2014, 07:12 AM
There are quite a few flocks around the Valley Springs area, but I haven't noticed any little ones yet running around with Mama. Easter Sunday morning we did have a couple stroll through the backyard, and later that day the grandkids found a number of colored eggs hidden in various locations. Must have been the Easter Turkey that was visiting!

Reeltor

outdoordude
04-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Well, another bust day for me. Put on some miles for recon only, looked, called posted at some promising areas, all for naught. May head over to auburn for the closer and archery if things look better. Good luck all!

Reel Fun
05-01-2014, 06:03 PM
When does it close? And if archery it goes longer...right?

BigUnInDaBoat
05-04-2014, 05:01 PM
When does it close? And if archery it goes longer...right?

General season closed two hours ago. Yes.

outdoordude
05-05-2014, 06:25 PM
Reel Fun;1008596]When does it close? And if archery it goes longer...right?[/QUOTE]
Yes RF it closed sunday the 4th but archery Iis open till middle of the month, not sure the date, will be checking.