PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Amador Sunady 5/3

Plug-n-Jug
05-02-2014, 08:00 AM
Going to wet a line from the bank this Sunday. Havent been out there since last year.
Anyone care to point out a few spots, baits, techniques that have been working for them in the last week or so. I'm familiar with the usual spots, lures and stuff that have worked well there in years past, just looking for a little insight on anything new. PM me if you wish to keep things on the down low. Thanks

Jimmy_M
05-02-2014, 08:22 AM
Kevin,

Yesterday I took a sick day and fished there, I only seen one fish caught from shore and that was around sun up. I talked to a few boaters and they all said it's very slow right now. I'm sure the recent heat was a factor. One of boats only caught two trolling with lead core line and crawlers. Considering the cost of gas, entrance, and license I'd go somewhere else, but I'm new to the lake so you might have better luck.

Jimmy M.

BIG FIN
05-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Went last week suggest 15 - 20 feet down waters real warm even I caught a crappie 1.5 lbs lot of the trout are small maybe night fishing would be better there . Tightlines BF

JoeReal
05-02-2014, 12:17 PM
Night fishing by the docks using submerged light and minnows or jigs will land nice sized fish. Both corners of the dam are productive using power bait casting from shore. Trout are deep at about 20-25'. But between 7:30 am to 8:30 am, put your offering at 10-12' as they rise to feed on shad.

JoeReal
05-02-2014, 03:48 PM
See my latest report as of today about Lake Amador:
http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/lake-reports/114163-lake-amador-05-02-2014-a.html

Kevin,

Yesterday I took a sick day and fished there, I only seen one fish caught from shore and that was around sun up. I talked to a few boaters and they all said it's very slow right now. I'm sure the recent heat was a factor. One of boats only caught two trolling with lead core line and crawlers. Considering the cost of gas, entrance, and license I'd go somewhere else, but I'm new to the lake so you might have better luck.

Jimmy M.

JoeReal
05-02-2014, 05:05 PM
As of today, the water is dirty murky stained green by the dock area. It is not as clear by this time of the year and could explain why trout cannot see the bait very well at great depths except by smelling the power bait presented to them.

Jimmy_M
05-05-2014, 10:58 AM
Going to wet a line from the bank this Sunday. Havent been out there since last year.
Anyone care to point out a few spots, baits, techniques that have been working for them in the last week or so. I'm familiar with the usual spots, lures and stuff that have worked well there in years past, just looking for a little insight on anything new. PM me if you wish to keep things on the down low. Thanks

Did you go? If so, how did you do?

JoeReal
05-05-2014, 11:06 AM
I was hoping to find and meet Plug-n-Jug over there. I took my friend morning of Sunday and wrote a report about it in forum members' reports only:

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/lake-reports/114214-lake-amador-05-04-2014-a.html

Was waiting to see how did it go for Plug-n-Jug.

Plug-n-Jug
05-05-2014, 11:18 AM
Got on the water at 6am. Fished near the spillway. Landed two bows in the first hour, both going about 2 lbs. Fish came on Chartruse PB dipped in Garlic Smelly Jelly on the bottom at about 20ft. After that the bite died. Kept one rod rigged for trout but switched the other up for pan fish. Brought home a mixed bag of 15 Gills and Crappie. Big boys too, each one was larger than my hand. Saw a few trout landed off the dock, but other than that it was slow for the bank people. Those trolling seemed to be doing fair with most fish I saw caught comming from the middle of the lake on down riggers. Kevin

Plug-n-Jug
05-05-2014, 11:24 AM
JoeReal, just read your post. It was you that we saw land the fish off the dock. I saw the guy in the black hoodie catch at least two that looked to be good sized. Sorry we missed you. Kevin.

JoeReal
05-05-2014, 11:48 AM
JoeReal, just read your post. It was you that we saw land the fish off the dock. I saw the guy in the black hoodie catch at least two that looked to be good sized. Sorry we missed you. Kevin.

I'm glad you did good fishing. We were at the deeper end of the dock. I know how to fish the dock very well even when the fishing is tough but it requires better presentation and very light lines when it gets slow.

The biggest fish caught off the docks are during the dark evening hours to early morning and mostly using minnows, because of the lights. It is no surprise many crappies have been caught there.