PDA

View Full Version : New Mexico Poacher

D Fish
05-16-2014, 10:41 AM
Just seen this on Facebook, anybody else read about this poaching incident?? Makes me sick!
According to a story by Ross Purnell of FlyFisherman.com a poacher was found with over 1,600!! Rainbow trout in his Clovis, New Mexico Home.. Over 160 TIMES the legal limit.. Bounchanh Bounsombath was arrested Mon. and his bond is set at $2500.00, he admitted to harvesting the fish from Green Acres Lake and Dennis Chaves Pond.. He shouldn't even get a DAMN bond IMO! Looks like its going to be a slap on the wrist, i am sure he'll be out doing it again in no time..

LURKER916
05-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Where do u keep that many trout? That's insane! And definitely a trajedy. That's a lot of fish that hard working folks could have enjoyed......

Cut off the guys hands if found guilty.

Matt

49erbassman
05-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Lock his @$$ up!!

So many fish.....such little time

FresnoJack
05-16-2014, 01:18 PM
If elected, I promise to sentence fish and game violators to longer and longer probation.

Just seen this on Facebook, anybody else read about this poaching incident?? Makes me sick!
According to a story by Ross Purnell of FlyFisherman.com a poacher was found with over 1,600!! Rainbow trout in his Clovis, New Mexico Home.. Over 160 TIMES the legal limit.. Bounchanh Bounsombath was arrested Mon. and his bond is set at $2500.00, he admitted to harvesting the fish from Green Acres Lake and Dennis Chaves Pond.. He shouldn't even get a DAMN bond IMO! Looks like its going to be a slap on the wrist, i am sure he'll be out doing it again in no time..

JoeReal
05-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Although the trout are quite small and not worth trying to fish for the likes of me, I am flabbergasted as to how he dood it?

Did he use a net, dynamites (probably not), nuclear bomb (illegal only in Yuba City IIRC), cyanide or just simpy fishing day and night, night and day 24x7?

1,600 Trout Over the Limit | Fly Fisherman (http://www.flyfisherman.com/2014/05/15/1600-over-the-limit/)

LURKER916
05-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Most likely net.
Whatever the size this jerkoff stole from the people of New Mexico and needs to pay for it.

So damn selfish. Just think if that was 1500 of our steelie smolts here on the AR.

Matt