PDA

View Full Version : Any info on Silver or Caples... Hwy 88 trip for day

Keith2010
05-16-2014, 02:28 PM
My fishing partner has been my Aunt since I was able to pick up a rod, probably 45 years. She is turning 77 next Monday, so I called her today & said, "let's go hookin' Sunday", she's like, "what?". :grin:
Let's go fishing and we'll head up 88 & see what we can find. So I'm going to throw the boat in the back of my good ol truck and trek on up the hill. So, has anyone been up that way & can tell me which place is kicking out anything right now. Leaning towards Silver & hang close to wherever I can slip my boat in the water. Also trying to decide if I need my gas motor, or just stick with the good ol electric beings we're going to stay close. IF I need to scoot across whichever lake we go to, then I will throw the 4 stroke in the truck too.
All I do is work these past 4 years, beings I have my own business after 20 years in retail, so getting out doesn't happen that much anymore, plus I want my Aunt to have a great time.

Any help would be appreciated... :dankk2:

Lifted
05-16-2014, 03:32 PM
It's probably still on the main page of the trout board, but Captain Compassion posted a scouting report in the last week or so. I believe he said Caples still had a fair amount of ice, but I don't remember what he said about Silver. Find that thread and you should get some recent info.

PapaGreg
05-16-2014, 03:42 PM
Silver was pretty much ice free two weeks ago, Caples still had ice and Red was pretty much clear. I'm thinking as warm as it's been, although there was snow last week-end up there, they are all probably ice free. Shoot, if nothing else, get that lady out for some fresh air and mountain scenery, good luck on whatever you decide.

Keith2010
05-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Shoot, if nothing else, get that lady out for some fresh air and mountain scenery, good luck on whatever you decide.

You are soooooooo right PG....looking forward to a nice time no matter what, thanks for chiming in.

Keith2010
05-16-2014, 04:07 PM
It's probably still on the main page of the trout board, but Captain Compassion posted a scouting report in the last week or so. I believe he said Caples still had a fair amount of ice, but I don't remember what he said about Silver. Find that thread and you should get some recent info.

Thanks

Captain Compassion
05-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Silver was stocked this week by the CDFW. Silver is free of ice and at full pool. The ramp is open. Capels when I was there last was very slow. Caples is to be stocked next week for the holiday weekend. Silver is your best shot. Watch out for wind.

CC

Keith2010
05-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Silver was stocked this week by the CDFW. Silver is free of ice and at full pool. The ramp is open. Capels when I was there last was very slow. Caples is to be stocked next week for the holiday weekend. Silver is your best shot. Watch out for wind.

CC

Thanks for the info CC, I agree, SL it is.. hey, we could always head up the hill a bit if it doesn't go well...

fat fish
05-16-2014, 05:16 PM

CC
+1 bring the gas motor unless you fish red...if you fish caples watch out for boulders just under the water back by woods creek inlet, but that's where you should find em. I still think silver is your best bet unless u drive another 30 or so miles to icr. Good luck.

Keith2010
05-16-2014, 07:46 PM
+1 bring the gas motor unless you fish red...if you fish caples watch out for boulders just under the water back by woods creek inlet, but that's where you should find em. I still think silver is your best bet unless u drive another 30 or so miles to icr. Good luck.

Thanks for chiming in FF, I appreciate it.