PDA

View Full Version : Antelop Lake

joez3
05-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Has anyone been up to Antelop Lake? I never fished it and I might be in that area in the next few weeks and was thinking of trying it. Any pointer would be great.
Thanks

danweasel
05-18-2014, 07:46 AM
No real advice, just some encouragement. When I lived on that side of the hill Antelope was my favorite lake.

-Dan

QueenAnnesRevenge
05-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Antelope lake up by beckwourth?
If so then yes, great lake to fly fish

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

danweasel
05-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Oh I was thinking of the one above susanville...

-Dan

OYD
05-18-2014, 06:57 PM
Antelope lake is close to Janesville, which is south of Susanville. The lake is between the two towns mentioned (Beckwourth and Susanville).

Jetspray
05-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Most of the area around the lake was destroyed by fire a few years ago. When it opens it offers good trout fishing, rivers and streams leading into and out of the lake are full of prospecting claims as well, be careful of the sourdough's with side arms:winkfs:.:helmut:........Jetspray

Sac/Striper/Slayer
05-19-2014, 06:14 AM
My father in law lives in Janesville and when I'm up there I will usually fish almanor or eagle lake if it's open. Antelope lake is tough without a kayak or boat. I would say to fish smallmouth if you are going to antelope lake. That's all I have ever caught there. Float night crawlers off the bottom. The lake gets pretty heavy with regular boat recreationalists also and Jett boats so watch that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joez3
05-20-2014, 07:26 PM
Thanks guys, if I get there I'll try it out

nvthis
05-21-2014, 09:18 AM
It's been a few years since I fished there last but the trout action can be good. If you have a boat, stick to the main lake by the dam and bigger portions of water. The weeds get BAD in that lake and the river arms can get pretty choked out. Trolling can be unreal there for rainbows and brooks. Tossing lures or even slip bobber/worms can get them in shaded areas. My biggest from there is only a 3lb rainbow, but that comes with gobs and gobs and gobs of nice brookies.

Prettyman01
05-31-2014, 08:47 PM
I've never been up there either but I'll be camping up there next week. More of a recreational trip but will be bringin the boat to do some fishin early and late in the day. Will be sure to post when I get back.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

okie
05-31-2014, 09:47 PM
Has anyone been up to Antelop Lake? I never fished it and I might be in that area in the next few weeks and was thinking of trying it. Any pointer would be great.
Thanks

i was up there in 01 or 02 with myneighbor, he told me about it, caught some nice
lg mouth bass, went s few times. last time i was there the water was really low due
to the fires up there so never went back. beautiful place.
be safe