PDA

View Full Version : Camanche night fishing!!

Ducks247
05-20-2014, 05:02 PM
Me and some buddies are heading up Sunday night to give it a whirl. Had some good times in the past. Il be in a 17 ft seanymph maybe il see some of ya out there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D Fish
05-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Me and some buddies are heading up Sunday night to give it a whirl. Had some good times in the past. Il be in a 17 ft seanymph maybe il see some of ya out there!!

Sweet man!! i plan to get out there sometime soon, it may seem weird but i have had some of the best trout fishing at night at camanche IN THE HOTTEST parts of the month! Cant move across the water at night, so i stay out all night on the boat till morning.. Limit out every time! no bs.. That lake has at least 5 RODS OVER THE YEARS that were taken from me.. :hitoverhead: The fish seem smaller to me now a days like Amador.. I remember catching a lot of hold overs that were 7+ pounds, Minnows would work best there but you cant use minnows anymore there:frown::frown:.. Good luck man hope you guys nail em!!

Ducks247
05-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Yea d fish can't wait!! It's always produced limits for me as well and they have been planting some hogs this year so I'm pretty excited. It might be a little early that's the only thing I'm worried about but hey got to be there to catch em.

D Fish
05-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Thats right! Only way to figure out is to get your arse out there.. The Cat fishing should be turning on out there.. I will sometimes just throw out some cut bait on my second rod instead of trout fishing.. I just heard of a 17lb cat being caught out of North Shore near the ramp on a rubber worm.. Report back and let us know how you guys do.. :signfishon34hi6zv:

paddle
05-23-2014, 06:35 AM
Just got back from Camanche. Lake is less than 50% full. Lots of obstructions and islands adjacent to deeper water will make night boating 'interesting.'

Ducks247
05-23-2014, 08:02 AM
You can't motor on the lake at night. We head straight to the damn before dark and post up for the night and head out in the morning.

Ducks247
05-26-2014, 02:59 PM
Well the night fishing trip was a success!! We got six limits before 3 am. Caught a lot Of hold overs the tails were perfect no snipped fins. Our biggest was 7lbs a couple if 4 and 5 pounders. All I got is a picture of the big one my phone died and couldn't get a picture of the hold overs.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/27/agu8uva7.jpg