PDA

View Full Version : Fishing not allowed from boats in Bay?

F33rNoFish
05-21-2014, 04:15 PM
Just went over to Alviso marina and talked to a guy about to launch his kayak. Said regs state fishing is NOT allowed in the Bay or open waters until after June 1st.

First I've heard of this. Will need to look at regs but has anyone heard this?

fnf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LURKER916
05-21-2014, 04:22 PM
Rockfish regs.....

Matt

F33rNoFish
05-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Yeah I knew about RC and lings but guy said all fishing from boat.

Checking regs when I get home.

simplycook
05-21-2014, 04:54 PM
Who said this?
There are closures on catching certain species of fish in the Bay but not fishing from a boat or vessel in the bay. How would he explain the anglers targeting halibut, striped bass, sharks, etc??

I just checked the regs... he's thinking about rockfish, greenlings, kings, and cabs. Page 14-15 in the booklet.

F33rNoFish
05-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Cool thx man. Maybe just misinformed. I'll double check when I get home tho.

Thx man.

LURKER916
05-21-2014, 06:39 PM
Totally misinformed. Bay is fishable year round from a boat. Just not for all species.

Matt

F33rNoFish
05-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Figured. First I had heard of anything like that.

FishingTone
05-21-2014, 08:55 PM
The only reg. against boat fishing in the bay is; no night fishing allow on a boat at night on the bay.

F33rNoFish
05-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Yeah I find that one weird too.

You can launch and stay out there but no fishing. Does that make sense? What's the thought process on that?

BTW: in reading regs found that you can get a yearly after hours gate key for parks/launches that open at dawn (some are 8a) and close at sun-down for $50. I may do that.

I've checked the regs and don't see anything that would NOT allow us to fish from boats through June so maybe it was this dude's misrepresentation of the regs?

houla
05-22-2014, 08:32 AM
We need more guys like that out there! Maybe it would help improve the fishing.:laugh:

Reel Fun
05-22-2014, 02:33 PM
I was out there last sat and there were at least 50 boats including 7 party boats in SF BAy

bassmaster415
05-22-2014, 02:44 PM
I do all kind of fishing, and I go through the booklet several times a year. I am very sure that the bay is open for fishing year-round. The only species that you are not allow to fish for and keep is surf-perch until July 31 because they are spawning now. Trust me, it is not fun to handle a surf-perch during their spawning season. I went fishing at the jetty down in So Cal a few years back when I was living there and hooked up to a fat female perch. The moment I held her, she literally kept popping out premature baby perch. I felt so bad, and it still gives me goose bump thinking about it. :tongue2:

JB14
05-23-2014, 04:36 PM
The thousands of anglers that have been out for the last 2 months killing stripers and halibut are in big trouble...

F33rNoFish
05-23-2014, 05:23 PM
The thousands of anglers that have been out for the last 2 months killing stripers and halibut are in big trouble...

Was just something a kayaker mentioned that I totally questioned but that's what I thought too. I've seen tons of boats out there in past years.

For a split second I thought it could've been a ref change for this year.

All good tho!