PDA

View Full Version : Folsom still kicking out trout

wearegods1
06-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Trout fishing died off last week for me to near limits of big fish with a couple dinks in the mix to almost nothing but dinks. But today was different. Started off with the dinks again but when the boat traffic out on the lake increased and we got a couple wake boarders next to us, I mean right next to us, the bite picked up!! We ended up with 2 kings, lost a hog king myself, and 8 trout and steelies on the stick. Caught over 20 fish and was done by 10am. Bullfrog speedy shiner 1/6 oz was the hot lure today fished at 2.7.
21086had a bad angle on the fish. That's why they look so skinny. With the exception of the dinks, they were all fatties. We kept the dinks on the stick because they were bleeding bad and I don't like wasting fish. Everything else we released swam away.

n2trout
06-09-2014, 06:32 AM
Very nice limit stick! I got to get back out there next week after the lake Almanor derby. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NaughtyFlashLures
06-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Great job, way to stick it out in the boat traffic. Idrove by the
Lake yesterday about 9:30 and it was already getting busy

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

pned100
06-11-2014, 12:18 PM
Nice!!! You've got it dialed!

I was amazed on Saturday hardly any other fishing boats and no ski boats in the north fork till 930! It was like having a private lake.

wearegods1
06-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Nice!!! You've got it dialed!

I was amazed on Saturday hardly any other fishing boats and no ski boats in the north fork till 930! It was like having a private lake.
North fork has been dead fishwise for me the past week or so.

Renron
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Fished the North fork this morning with my son, as a father's day present to us both. 7AM - 1PM Started trolling a broken back rapalla, white and black, tried Gold and black too, Nothing. We also fished with Speedy Shiners in my homemade paint job, (resembles bleeding frog) and my Son picked up a beautiful fish around 9:45AM. Looked like a small Steelhead, but was probably a Rainbow. No color, All silver, white inside mouth. We had 3 other hits but could not get them to the boat, shook the hook. We fished at ~50' in 80' - 150' of water. Didn't see anyone else catch a fish, Maybe we should have tried the damn area?, last time I got too close and "Homeland Security" (with a M16) warned me off. Still a little spooked by that incident.

On a side note, Why does it cost $22 to fish a lake that I paid for? Why does it say you can launch a boat for $10?, but they charge you 12 for parking your truck on top of that? Venting....
Ron

fishingfrieda
06-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Fished the North fork this morning with my son, as a father's day present to us both. 7AM - 1PM Started trolling a broken back rapalla, white and black, tried Gold and black too, Nothing. We also fished with Speedy Shiners in my homemade paint job, (resembles bleeding frog) and my Son picked up a beautiful fish around 9:45AM. Looked like a small Steelhead, but was probably a Rainbow. No color, All silver, white inside mouth. We had 3 other hits but could not get them to the boat, shook the hook. We fished at ~50' in 80' - 150' of water. Didn't see anyone else catch a fish, Maybe we should have tried the damn area?, last time I got too close and "Homeland Security" (with a M16) warned me off. Still a little spooked by that incident.

On a side note, Why does it cost $22 to fish a lake that I paid for? Why does it say you can launch a boat for $10?, but they charge you 12 for parking your truck on top of that? Venting....
Ron
I love the blue plate special! Happy early father's day.
That is spooky about the security
With m16, but at the same time good to know that dam is protected!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

redneckpunk
06-13-2014, 08:24 PM
Hopefully James (wearegods1) chimes back in on here with todays report. I will just say that he put 3 nice limits in the boat today

~RNP

Renron
06-17-2014, 02:59 PM
Hopefully James (wearegods1) chimes back in on here with todays report. I will just say that he put 3 nice limits in the boat today

~RNP

RNP,
What a tease!
I may just have to book a trip with James to find out how to catch'em at Folsom.
Give us a hint, will ya?
:)
Ron

wearegods1
06-17-2014, 08:18 PM

~RNP
sorry RNP, been real busy lately. Folsom has slowed way down for me the past 2 days. Hopefully someone out there is still killing it. We worked hard today for just 1 limit with a nice 2.5 pound king for a kicker. lost a bunch but they were biting very weird today. Guess they were not that hungry. All my usual spots have dried up and am having to move around a lot to find the fish. They are all over the graph when you find a school but just not bitting. Might have to wait for a new moon. Will post if they pick back up. Sure will be nice when the wind stops blowing!!!
Here's the picture of Friday the 13th's fish.
2127321274we ended up with 17 fish. 10 biggest showing. Still not bad for 5 hrs fishing! Speedy shiners rule. On their Pro Staff now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redneckpunk
06-17-2014, 08:27 PM
RNP,
What a tease!
I may just have to book a trip with James to find out how to catch'em at Folsom.
Give us a hint, will ya?
:)
Ron

Not a tease at all. If you follow him on facebook you will see how he's been doing. But I would recommend booking a trip to see it first hand.

~RNP