PDA

View Full Version : Deer drawing results

Grncrestliner
06-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I drew my third choice D3-5 and my wife and son drew their second choice C. I really expected them to hit the X zone they wanted since they had a 5.5 point average for the party of 2. Last year hunters were successful drawing that tag with 5 points but they did not get lucky his year. I really did not expect to get anything in the draw since my hunting buddy and I only had 1 point.
I guess I will be hunting D and we need to go scout for my wife and my son in C.
John

ojfishin
06-23-2014, 12:15 AM
i did not get any choice dang, looks like b or d-4 this year ,c is good covers a lot of ground did it last year seen lots of spikes good luck

Fishing Fanatic
06-24-2014, 11:37 PM
D-5 for me this year, no lick

ehvhram
06-26-2014, 07:49 AM
We will be in d8 this year . We have stopped applying in 3 zones. We were bouncing all over . Some zones it took us 11 years to hit again. We hunt 2 zones either x12 or d8. We have found good spots in both. Usually takes us 4 years to hit x12. Its ok with me on deer this year thou. I was lucky enough to pull a Independence antlerless elk tag this year. Figured that would never happen in my lifetime.

scratch1
07-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Hit a tri fecta, drew X3B california, Region K wyoming, and unit 101 Nevada, only problem is Wyoming an Nevada open 10/1 an Ca. opens 10/4. Oh well we will see what happens

Grncrestliner
10-17-2014, 03:53 PM

The year so far has been decent. My son shot a fork in C-4 and my wife could not get close enough for her to shoot. I shot a 3x3 last week in D-4. My son and I are still trying to fill the second tags and we will be headed back to the D zones soon. My wife may not have time to go back to a C zone so it might be over for her.
We have seen a few bears but when we did it was either too hot or the bears were too far from a road for me to be interested in shooting one. I will and have packed deer long distances but do not want to pack a bear a long distance any more. I have been telling the other members of our group that if they shoot a bear they are on their own.
John