PDA

View Full Version : Striper tacos... What do you put in them?

deepseaed
10-17-2007, 07:05 PM
I want to hear a few ides before I blow you away with the recipe of the century!

pontoon_crew
10-17-2007, 07:57 PM
No way I've gotten everyone hooked on my famous fish tacos.Its all in the slaw!

Linesider
10-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Ok, I'll bite...no pun intended. I do mine this way:

Make a mango/papaya salsa. Next I make a cilantro sour cream sauce. To build I do thus:

warm corn tortilla, add cooked striper (baked, blackened, sauted - what ever I'm in the mood for) add shredded cabbage, hit the cabbage with the cilantro cream sauce and top with a heaping of the mango/papaya salsa and a Corona!

I'll put mine against yours any day of the week. Not trying to be confrontational, I just really dig how mine come out.

gomezfish
10-17-2007, 08:46 PM
^^ thats a confrontation if ever read one

we should have a fish sniffer iron chef! my "batray enchiladas" will blw away your little tacos!...JP

Sportyguy66
10-17-2007, 08:47 PM
I Volunteer to be a tasting Judge ;)

pontoon_crew
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Batray enchiladas sound dangerous.

Linesider
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I Volunteer to be a tasting Judge *;)

Hey Joe...I got to send you some more pictures of your Sporty Spooks I painted. Haven't had much time lately between work and kids, but I just finished a rainbow trout pattern.

Since I'm pluggin your plugs can I count on your vote for my fish tacos??? *;)

pontoon_crew
10-17-2007, 09:03 PM
For the cabbage slaw.Mix some mayo,lime,cilantro,red chili powder, paprika,kosher salt,fresh ground pepper.For the fish.Fry fillets in Olive oil.Season with cayenne pepper,lemon pepper,salt,pepper,sprinkle of paprika.Put the slaw on the corn tortilla.Slap on some fish,sliced avacado,and some tapatio.Now im hungry.

oldfisherman
10-18-2007, 06:31 AM
just add tequilla

Heineken_Man
10-18-2007, 11:06 AM
For the cabbage slaw.Mix some mayo,lime,cilantro,red chili powder, paprika,kosher salt,fresh ground pepper.For the fish.Fry fillets in Olive oil.Season with cayenne pepper,lemon pepper,salt,pepper,sprinkle of paprika.Put the slaw on the corn tortilla.Slap on some fish,sliced avacado,and some tapatio.Now im hungry.

This does not sound like any authentic Mexican style recipe. I didn't know Mexicans were so heavy into mayonnaise.

fresnofshfan
10-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Sour cream,lime juice,cilantro,and some Tapitio , achieve desired spicyness, add cabbage.

Fry corn tort (I like em crispy)
Add Fish and Slaw

Wish I was back in Cabo....... :(

gomezfish
10-18-2007, 04:06 PM
mexicans love mayo , we put it on our corn in the cobb ;) (seriously)

MB_Kevin
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
mexicans love mayo , we put it on our corn in the cobb ;) (seriously)
I like to take mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese and smother it all over the corn on the cob and wrap it in foil. Then BBQ and it turns out great ;)

shon42073
10-21-2007, 10:07 AM
This how i make em. Very lighty bread some damp fillets in a 50/50 mix of flour and corn meal. Pan fry em crispy, Let cool, Break up the fillets in a large bowl to the consistancy of large ground beef. Add chopped red onions, and lots of cilantro, a little chopped jalpenos if you like heat. Then i just do chopped ice berg lettuce, sour cream, and pepper jack cheese, and tomato. Also good with guacomole and salsa. Always on fryed corn tortillas.