PDA

View Full Version : Honey Browned Trout ( Candy Trout )

TeleComCal
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Had some steelhead in the freezer ( Hatchery that is ) and wanted something different than the normal lemon buter or fried recipe. Looked on line for about 45 minutes with no winners found. So I started to think and put this and another recipe together. I will post that one also.

My wife called this one Candy Trout because of the sweetness, but the garlic comes through well and compliments the sweet. The fillets I used were about 1 pound each. I hope you all enjoy it, if you try. I love to cook and since my whole family now likes more than catfish :D, I will try to post more recipes as I come up with them 8-). If you all like these. Let me know.

2 Fish Fillets - Trout, Steelhead, Salmon or Panfish
1/3 C Light Brown Sugar
1/4 C Honey
2 Cloves Garlic
Pinch Kosher Salt
Pinch Black Pepper
1 Tbsp Olive Oil

Heat oven to 350 F.

In a food processor or blender, put honey, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil and puree/mix until well blended. Should have a whipped butter consistency.

Spray shallow baking dish with a non stick cooking spray, or lightly butter if you prefer. Place fillets in baking dish.

Brush on the Honey sauce, trying to use it all.

Sprinkle brown sugar on, making sure to cover the fillets.

Bake ( I needed to bake 30 minutes to be done ) until fillets are golden brown and the brown sugar caramalizes.