PDA

View Full Version : Rockfish on the grill?

sjshark
08-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Does rockfish taste good grilled? Never tried it that way, only fish and chipped, but I got some rock cods and would like to make it another way. Any opinions appreciated.

Toxic_Waste
08-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Since rockfish are so lean, they do well on the grill if they are basted with something like olive oil or melted butter or even your favorite marinade. I like to mix a little bit of crushed garlic in with the oil or butter, but not a lot. I salt and pepper the boneless, skinless fillets, pop them in a hinged grill (oil it first so the fish doesn't stick) specially made for fish, then cook them with a little bit of basting. Rockfish are very mild so they don't need a lot of heavy seasoning or spices. Besides halibut, they are my favorite fish to eat.

cptdarel
09-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Since rockfish are so lean, they do well on the grill if they are basted with something like olive oil or melted butter or even your favorite marinade. I like to mix a little bit of crushed garlic in with the oil or butter, but not a lot. I salt and pepper the boneless, skinless fillets, pop them in a hinged grill (oil it first so the fish doesn't stick) specially made for fish, then cook them with a little bit of basting. Rockfish are very mild so they don't need a lot of heavy seasoning or spices. Besides halibut, they are my favorite fish to eat.
well said! ;)

Toxic_Waste
09-19-2007, 12:54 PM
...and well FED, too! :D