PDA

View Full Version : Fench Meadows

joez3
06-22-2014, 05:21 PM
Made the yearly trip up to French Meadows over the weekend. Sat the winds where cooperating so I got the raft out, the hot ticket was a gold needle fish. I got into 6 fish and was able to land 4 of them. Sunday (early morning not much wind at all), was the same. It was a mix of hold overs and planters. Several of the planters where bleeder, do these things bleed ease.
If you are going up don't park on the shore line, you will get a ticket.
While packing up I saw a bald eagle, not sure how often they are in the area.

King-J
06-22-2014, 05:38 PM
It's cool get a picture of a Bald Eagle, not a very common sight these days.

jbenvenuto
06-23-2014, 11:00 AM
[QUOTE=joez3;1020311]Made the yearly trip up to French Meadows over the weekend. Sat the winds where cooperating so I got the raft out, the hot ticket was a gold needle fish. I got into 6 fish and was able to land 4 of them. Sunday (early morning not much wind at all), was the same. It was a mix of hold overs and planters. Several of the planters where bleeder, do these things bleed ease.
If you are going up don't park on the shore line, you will get a ticket.
While packing up I saw a bald eagle, not sure how often they are in the area.[/QUOTE

I was also up there this weekend and yes some of the planters came up bloody... Not usually the case but this time was unavoidable.

bpr
06-23-2014, 11:36 AM
How's the boat launch there is it in the water still ?

joez3
06-23-2014, 01:45 PM
How's the boat launch there is it in the water still ?

I didn't have to use the boat ramp, I had a raft. From what I could tell it still in water and no one was having problems.