PDA

View Full Version : A Different Perspective (A Short Photo Blog)

innovate
06-24-2014, 11:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm curious to know if anyone else out there has a changed perspective when it comes to fishing. Over the course of the last two years I've come to the realization that fishing really isn't about catching fish.

Sure, we all love to get out there and have a good day on the water, but I think many of us lose touch of the details that make this sport amazing. I often start my print articles with this same general premise. My outlook on fishing, and life in general has changed as a result.

Here, I'll show you what I mean.

The morning dew is cool and crisp. Aren't you glad you're not working?
Have you ever been with a fishing partner and the complaints start from the get go?

The ride out to the spot, sometimes is the best part of the whole trip.
Well, at least to me it is. Appreciating being out on the open water and being around the company of friends sets the tone for a good, therapeutic day.

Bait fishing on the Delta on a windless evening is better than watching any reality TV show.
The fishing isn't always best during days like these, but is it fair to complain?

The coast is never predictable.
Sometimes with the best preparation, things (fishing) wont go as planned.

Nature knows when you put out bad vibes.
People forget fish are a part of nature. Getting angry and jealous over other people's success, using fish as a means to show off to peers, poaching and any other types of negative behavior usually leaves you prone to bad karma. Ever wonder why some people don't catch fish even though they spend lots of money on gear? Look a little closer.

On your next fishing trip, keep your eyes open. Its not always about catching fish. Its about enjoying your trip from start to finish. Take your time. Sit back and enjoy your surroundings.

Change your perspective, and your next trip might be that much better than the last.

salmonid
06-24-2014, 11:47 AM
Cool.

I agree!

CAL.NDN
03-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Wow missed this and so true.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

lund16
03-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Hopefully your younger than me so you have more years to enjoy it, and share it with family and friends.