PDA

View Full Version : lower echo in the rain...pic

fat fish
06-26-2014, 09:16 PM
I have been battling a cold and felt good enough to fish this morning. I didn't feel like driving all the way to the e Carson once my ears plugged up good around pollock pines and then it was sprinkling just past kyburz. Plan b ...echo lake. It was constant 20 mph winds and a drizzle. My son and I found shelter under a big pine and sideways boulder. The fishing was lights out. We got eight in just over an hour on kastmasters and powerbait. Then it started raining hard and our toes n fingers were frozen, so I asked my son if he was ready to go and to my surprise he said yes. Hes more diehard than I. Gotta love summer in the sierras, as it's like a box of chocolates. the weather said light wind and zero rain lol. Maybe Sunday I'll get a shot at the Carsons.
http://i959.photobucket.com/albums/ae76/fatfish123/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1712.jpg (http://s959.photobucket.com/user/fatfish123/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1712.jpg.html)

salmonid
06-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Glad you guys got out and that you're feeling better. Also good some fish were had by you and the boy but also RAIN!

Best,

then it was sprinkling just past kyburz. Plan b ...echo lake. It was constant 20 mph winds and a drizzle. My son and I found shelter under a big pine and sideways boulder. The fishing was lights out. We got eight in just over an hour on kastmasters and powerbait. Then it started raining hard and our toes n fingers were frozen, so I asked my son if he was ready to go and to my surprise he said yes. Hes more diehard than I.

fat fish
06-26-2014, 10:02 PM
I was thinking the same thing on the way home. Thank goodness some rain.

outdoordude
06-26-2014, 10:56 PM
Nice FF, was happy to see some light drizzle here in truckee today. Way to spend the day with your boy, I see a nice little stringer in the pic, must be why the big smile. May head to stampede in the am hope our luck is the same.

Captain Compassion
06-27-2014, 05:57 AM
Nice Jeff. The weather was bad but there is a smile on your son's face and a nice stringer of fish in the water. The day has to be considered a big success.:clap:

CC

fat fish
06-27-2014, 09:47 AM
I am a proud dad for sure. We had a great time and his skills are growing exponentially. He got his kastmaster unstuck from a snag and unhooked a little fish and let it go properly too. He also thought it was really cool when he spotted a bald eagle hunting. Great trip.