PDA

View Full Version : 1st ever try @ smoking

FISHINFOOL
07-02-2007, 10:26 AM
OK all,Just got put on the grill.My 1st ever atempt at smoking anything(as far as meat & fish go ;))
I put it in a marinade lastnite & stuck it the fridge overnite.
Don't ask me the exact recipe cuz I kinda work like my grandmother did,a lil of this a dash of that,this looks good maybe some of this ;) :D.
All I can really tell you about the recipe is it's got some fresh garlic a lil sea salt,lots of brown sugar(cuz I like my sweets ;))& some basil leaves.
I didn't have any lemon juice to put in & forgot to stop & get some on the way back from going to dinner lastnite ::)
Anyway,I'll let you all know how it turns out when it's done.
Paul
Lonewolf

SuperDave
07-02-2007, 12:59 PM
What is it you are smoking? (Meat and fish wise that is) :-/ ;D

FISHINFOOL
07-02-2007, 04:43 PM
I bad,I smoked the 3 Kokenee & the king salmon I caught up at Berryessa last week.
Guess it turned out alright,I took it off the grill about 2p after smoking it for about 2hrs 7 it's gone already.So I guess I did something right ::) ;D
Paul
Lonewolf

sethonious
07-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I think it is actually good that you left out the lemon juice. You might make ceviche if your marinade/brine is too acidic. An acidic soak prior to smoking can (IMHO) throw off the texture of the meat. Obviously you might agree seeing as how fast it was devoured. If you really want the lemon/citrus flavor just go with the zest not the juice.

ratss427
07-14-2007, 07:07 PM
way to go next time some ribs or beef brisket?smoking is addictive.things just come out tasting so darned good! [smiley=chowtime.gif]