PDA

View Full Version : cookin trout

shon42073
06-23-2007, 02:35 PM
I'd like to hear some recipes for how you all like to cook youe trout. Especially interested in campfire cooking or BBQ. I like to wrap em in foil with a little butter, chopped red onions, lemon slices and plenty of seasoning, Leave the ends of the foil open so you get some of the smokey flavor from the fire. Or butterfly em pick out most of the bones with tweezers, Brush with melted butter and olive oil seasoning salt and saute in lots of butter. Heres a brine I found that makes awesome smoked fish, marinated overnight in a mix of soy sauce, salt, brownsugar, and black pepper corns, Rinse well let air dry and bring on the smoker, You just gotta experiment with the amounts of ingredients in the brine as I just eyeball it. The secret to this recipe is the correct soy sauce you gotta use this brand I think is called "swan" its in a yellow and red labeled bottle. So lets here how some of you guys or ladies like to cook em up :P I'm getting hungry !!!!!

Mr_Ed
06-23-2007, 02:52 PM
A wire basket that opens for placment of fish and then locks
is a great investment for the open fire or the BBQ !! It can be
flipped over and the fish will not fall apart !!

For King Salmon we just tied two BBQ screens together !!
Butter fly, skin down, meat up and let er rip!!

Salt,pepper,butter,lemon, even mayo.......its all good.

A cast iron grill is a nother goodie for the open fire. If you can get it
halfway level............ ;D ;D Suckers stay hot for a long time with
very little wood under them, wonce hot.

joshc40
07-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Get the thickest bacon you can find. Fresh, not pre-cooked. I would recommend the one that comes with pepper, or you can just pepper it yourself. First, get the trout and salt it slighty and let it sit in the fridge in a plastic container over night, this will give the meat a little salty flavor. When you want to cook it, wrap it with the bacon and wrap it in foil. Put it on the grill and close the lid.