PDA

View Full Version : cooking your kokes

tcbritton
06-10-2007, 03:09 PM
just what is the best and or your favorite method for cooking your kokes . should I use the K.I.S.S. method and use just salt and pepper and bbq them hot and fast or use the slow method???????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ? :-?

fishguts
06-10-2007, 08:26 PM
Experiment and enjoy them.
I smoke alot of mine but also I just roll them in flour and fry them in butter and olive oil then salt and pepper them. I've alsoj just baked them and made tacos out of them. When I am camping I just wrap them in foil with butter, dill and garlic and tossem in the fire. Yummy.
Go to the recipe board you will find some good ideas.

cynnate
06-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Kalaua, ginger, pinch of red or white pepper skin side down on aluminum foil on the grill for 10-12 mins with the grill cover on. Marinate the fillets in kalaua for 30 mins before bar'be'quing. :P

kokoloco
06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Try lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and Italian seasoning mixture poured over fillets, skin side down, on top of lemon and orange slices. Then place more lemon and orange slices on top. All this wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil and place on the BBQ for 5 minutes. Then open the top of the foil and let go another 5-8 minutes. Add cooked rice and a bottle of good white wine and........... [smiley=bananachaga.gif]
Enjoy!!

SOUTH_BAY_FISHER
06-11-2007, 02:39 PM
I like mine smoked, if not smoked i realy enjoy them marinated in a mixture of half soy and half brown sugar if you want some heat add some serachi (chinesse hot sauce) let them soak in that mixture for a bit the you can bake them bbq them and they taste great also just a little salt peper and galic powder make them taste quite good too. I haven't had bad kokanee yet basicaly

-SBF

Scott R
06-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I make a topping that consists of 1/2 cup seeded finely chopped tomato, 1/2 cup grated carrot, 2 tablespoons chopped green onion, 2 tablespoons mayo, 2 tablespoons softened cream cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, a pinch of salt and pepper. *Mix together. *Squeeze a little lemon juice on your fillets and spread a thin layer of the topping on the fillets. *Bake at 350 degrees until done. *I use to make this recipe for halibut and king salmon, but it works great for kokes.