PDA

View Full Version : How do you cook your striper?

trev1981
05-01-2007, 04:58 PM
how do you cook your striper?

ratss427
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
i simply marinade in a little olive oil and dill.then season with some sea salt.toss on the barbie and enjoy.easy ,healthy and delishhhhhh! :D

dimpala95
06-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Another good way is steamed with garlic black bean sauce, soy sauce, green onions and cilantro. Serve over rice with veggies of your choice.

Farrier_Frank
06-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I do it the easy way, with all my fish. I walk in the door with a cleaned fish and a bottle of wine and hand them to the little lady and say, "Baby, can you cook this thing as good as you did the last one." I give her a peck on the cheek, walk off and take a shower and come back to fish on the plate.

Here's the key: I always look at that plate before I sit down and oogle over it and say, "Babe, this looks really good." And always, when dinners done, I tell her that was the best fish she ever cooked.

Works every time. 8-)

P.S. If I get stuck cooking it myself I throw some herbs and lemon on it, wrap it in foil and throw it on the grill... never comes out as good as when she cooks it, though. :-/

MB_Kevin
06-09-2007, 10:57 PM
That is funny FF and I think the best way to do it. I throw it in foil (fillets) with some spices a little butter and lemon juice. I found a good fish spice and also throw in some garlic salt, onion salt, pepper and season all. It has always turned out good.

tdekens
06-11-2007, 11:36 AM
Dipped in beer batter and cooked with fries. It makes the best fish and chips just like you were in England.
2Shakes

Toxic_Waste
06-11-2007, 01:05 PM
My Italian grandmother always fixed a whole (cleaned) striper by cutting several deep slits into each side. She would stuff those and the cavity with a mixture of fine Italian seasoned breadcrumbs mixed with melted butter, crushed garlic and chopped fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper over fish.

Then she'd lay a strip or two of raw bacon and lay the fish in a baking pan coated with a little olive oil. Lastly, she'd pour a small can of tomato sauce over the top then pop the pan into the oven to bake until the fish was done. I am not sure, but she may have sloshed some wine over the fish.