PDA

View Full Version : cookin planters?

foresthill_fishin
04-14-2007, 04:16 PM
[smiley=angling.gif]Need alittle infon on cookin my planters somethin simple thankyou keep on trollin [smiley=beer.gif]

FatCat
04-14-2007, 07:18 PM
You can't go wrong with a quick pan fry. If the whole fish is small enough to fit in your pan, simply season it, bread it in italian bread crumbs, and fry it up in butter and a little olive oil. Squeeze on a little lemon juice and maybe some tartar sauce and you are good to go!

atavuss
04-15-2007, 12:20 AM
I have been using a store bought marinade made by McCormick. it is called garlic, herb, and wine. very easy and quick to use. adds some zip to otherwise bland planters. I BBQ the fish in a fish basket, YUM!

foresthill_fishin
04-15-2007, 08:22 AM
[smiley=angling.gif]Thank you gives me a reason to hook up the boat and get the sunday bite [smiley=fishhead.gif]should have a quik limit and a nice meal keep on trollin

hempy
04-15-2007, 11:07 AM
Low heat smoke'em, then they eat like a banana. Pill the skin back and the meat falls off the bone. Good eating!

johnbfishin
04-16-2007, 09:46 PM
I *like to skin them, dip in egg batter and corn flake crumbs then fry'em in butter till golden brown. The corn flake crumbs aren't the cereal ground up, they are different and found in the baking isle. To skin a trout get it ice cold, gut it leaving the head on (or visa versa). Now snap the head backwards and peel the fish like a banana, this works for kokes also.
You have to work around the fins a bit and make a slice to get past the anal vent but with a little practice you can skin a fish in about 30 seconds.

reeltor
04-17-2007, 08:04 AM
My favorite way on a high Sierra lake is to take my little stove in the boat, find a nice place on shore for a break, and fry up some potatoes and onions, season the trout in flour w/seasoned salt and pepper, fry them in hot oil, and wash them down with a cold beer or even a bloody mary. Then it's time to do some more fishing!

Reeltor

SOUTH_BAY_FISHER
04-18-2007, 02:59 PM
ok this is my quick recipie for fish i like it with trout king and honestly i haven't come across a fish i don't like it with. first i season the fish with a mix od salt pepper and garlic powder. To me it doesn't matter if the fish is felt, buterflyed or whole. Just descale the thing wen you clean it. So season now either bake is or BBQ it pan fry it in just a little oil.

Now while the fish is cooking you take equal amounts of soy and brown sugar and some ginger fresh is killer but i just use the powder in the soice rack, add some assian hot sauce(the red stuff with the green top) if you don't have that add some red pepper flaces and garlic powder. add some lemon juice i usualy just squeze one in depending upon how much i'm makeing then wisk the hell out of the sauce tast if you go dam that's good then poor over fish and eat. you can use the sauce as a marrinade too. My wife likes the fish quite plain so i add the sauce on the side.
-SBF

Mr_Ed
04-24-2007, 06:56 PM
My father said they taste like liver ! ( A purest at heart )

So I cooked them like liver................

Placed them in a 9 x 13 pyrex backing dish, sprayed with pam

and placed chopped onion and a strip of bacon inside of each fish !!

Taste better than liver did , any day !! ;)