PDA

View Full Version : Dillion Beach/Lawson's Landing: Camping & Hotel

F33rNoFish
07-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Hi all, not sure if this would be the best place to post this but prob a good start.

So, 15th anniversary is coming up next week. Was gonna go to Carmel but that fell through.

Had heard about Dillon Beach and haven't been camping in a while. Wife loved the idea. We'll have our two kids with us (14 yr old boy/10 yr old girl). Trying to go 17th - 20th. Camp sites are only available from 17th - 19th.

My question is -
1. does anyone know of close by lodges or hotels. Good enough for one night and anniversary level. ;)

I see a couple but you never know. Want first hand knowledge.

2 (and a VERY close 2nd). What kinda fishing should I expect from the near by pier/banks? I know there are rental boats but that prob out of the question.

I'll prob be taking a pier setup and light rods for kids for some baitfish or perch.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

fnf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reel Fun
07-13-2014, 07:21 PM
Lawsons is great! The wind can get going there so take a wind block if you can? There is a fishing pier there but not a lot of fish...mostly crab so take crab traps if you have them? Nice beach! If fishing is what you want you might want to book a trip on a party boat out of bodega....(25-30 min drive). You should be able to find a nice room in Petaluma? Lots of sniffers there maybe post on the hitch hiker board? If I am there.....I might be able to get you on my boat?

QueenAnnesRevenge
07-13-2014, 07:26 PM
After you leave Dillion head up to jenner. Nice lodging, Russian River etc etc

QueenAnnesRevenge
07-13-2014, 07:27 PM
Also your kids will have a blast off of Dillion pier fishing sabikis for bait. Just add squid

F33rNoFish
07-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Lawsons is great! The wind can get going there so take a wind block if you can? There is a fishing pier there but not a lot of fish...mostly crab so take crab traps if you have them? Nice beach! If fishing is what you want you might want to book a trip on a party boat out of bodega....(25-30 min drive). You should be able to find a nice room in Petaluma? Lots of sniffers there maybe post on the hitch hiker board? If I am there.....I might be able to get you on my boat?

Thanks for the offer man. I'm thinking of staying in the immediate area. As much as I'd like to jump on your boat I think it'd be my last anniversary if I left. haha

Another time, I'm down!

F33rNoFish
07-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Also your kids will have a blast off of Dillion pier fishing sabikis for bait. Just add squid

Yeah man! That's all I want. For them to have some fun and see/fish new places.

Fishing Fanatic
07-13-2014, 08:02 PM
Don't try to fish from the bank, was there for hours at Lawson's today and caught about 100 pounds of seaweed

F33rNoFish
07-13-2014, 08:09 PM
Good info! Thx. Any reports on pier action?

FishnBeer
07-13-2014, 08:24 PM
There are vacation rental cabins available at dillon beach, i am not aware of hotels nearby. Fishing there is tough, but I have managed to catch leopard sharks from shore. Supposedly there are halibut there too but i have never fished for them. Otherwise, there is a Good population of dungenous crab.

bassmaster415
07-14-2014, 08:35 AM
I have been there a few time, and fishing is tough around Lawson's landing. I would say setting crab traps is a better option than fishing. Lot of rock crabs. I did manage to get a 15 in greenling in my trap one time though :).

F33rNoFish
07-14-2014, 08:55 AM
Thx for all the info guys. As it turns out this morning I was able to change my vacation days at work and am now back to Carmel/Monterey!