PDA

View Full Version : Mango Cajun Marinade specifically for fish.

keysersoze
01-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Has anyone tried it?

I bought a couple of marinades to try... if you can recommend some, that would be awesome!

Tonight I did a slow 4 hour grill for a whole chicken with a Caribbean Jerk marinade.. sooooooooooo gooooood! and worth the time spent ;D I heard about this 10 years ago.. It was exactly like what was said then: Imagine a good quality beef jerky that is tender, supple, not moist or misty with steam inside, juicy and just flaking off the bones....

I used just a little handful of briquettes for 4 hours, then added some new ones for the last 10 minutes. While i took the chicken out, i basted it with some more marinade and finished the bottle... 4-5 bucks down the drain there for the marinade plus about 7 for the briquettes, pretty expensive to Que but i am glad it turned out delicious.

spinfisher
01-20-2007, 11:42 PM
What about that Mango marinade????? :-/

ummm, secret recipe? :-X No teasing on this board :-? ;)

keysersoze
01-21-2007, 02:19 PM
ooh I'm sorry, I mean to say that I just bought it from the store :-[ . Was wondering if anyone had tried this marinade. ;D

metalmouth
01-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Stolen Recipe, unknown source:

Spicy Mango Marinade
The marinade is spicy, sweet, and tangy from mangos, lime, chipotle chiles, honey, and ginger. It gets an added kick from tequila, but you may omit it. Plan in advance to marinate the ribs 15 minutes at the least, and 8 hours optimum for best flavor and tenderness.
INGREDIENTS:
6 lb beef ribs or your favorite ribs
Fiery Mango Marinade:
1 large fresh ripe mango
2 Tbsp chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 Tbsp oyster sauce
2 Tbsp honey
6 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 cup finely minced ginger
1/4 cup chopped cilantro sprigs
PREPARATION:
Remove the membrane from the underside of the ribs. Then place the ribs in a rectangular dish or baking pan.

To make the marinade, peel the mango and cut the flesh away from the seed. Combine the mango flesh and chipotle chiles in a food processor fitted with a metal blade and puree. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and combine with the ketchup, tequila, lime juice, oyster sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, and cilantro.

Makes 2 cups.

MM 8-) :o 8-)

metalmouth
01-22-2007, 02:56 PM
Note: we're currently experiencing a Mango shortage in Idaho so I haven't had a chance to try this marinade on for size! ;D