PDA

View Full Version : Smoker's

fish_4_alivin
11-23-2006, 10:04 PM
What kind of smokeers does everyone use? What is your opinion on the best? Also what kind of vacuum sealers are good to use?

Ron G
11-24-2006, 07:26 AM
I just picked up an upright, propane smoker from Lowe's. It has all stainless steel pull out shelves and a stainless water pan. It comes with a built in temp gauge so it's absolutley fool proof. I think they were selling for around $169.00. I did two turkey's on it yesterday and they were done in 4 hours.
Food Saver Vacuum Sealer are the best non commercial sealers out there. Costco and Sam's Club sell the kit's that include the sealer, bags and a few cannisters. I think the kits are the best bang for your buck. I have a BBQ catering business and I use it all the time. *:)

fish4fun
12-04-2006, 02:29 PM
I just picked up a black Bradley Original Smoker. So far, so good. It gives me great temperature control and requires very little nurse-maiding since it automatically feeds wood pucks. Have cooked a pork tenderloin and a stuffed turkey breast so far. The results were great.. rave reivews by everyone.. almost good enuff to die for.

Over the last 10 years, I've smoked a lot of fish successfully on my trusty Little Chief. Lot's of trout and kokanee. Last year I bought a Smokey Mountain vertical propane smoker. Was really disappointed in it. I couldn't really get the temperature low enough for hot smoking fish at around 165 F. The smoker wouldn't get below 240 F. So, I returned it and bought the Bradley. Can't wait to start smokin fish in the Bradley.. Larry

SuperDave
12-04-2006, 02:38 PM
This is the best list of smoker comments from a previous post. I am going to lock this thread as a smoker thread. If you wish to inquire about vacuum sealers, please re-post.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1156018212/0

SD