PDA

View Full Version : Dads Halibut Recipe

fishstix
05-18-2006, 08:05 AM
After seeing all these Halibut recipes (and already trying them), I figured I'd shoot this one out. *I used to catch Halibut every year with my pop but since he passed last year - i figured someone else could enjoy what I loved in years past.

The problem with Halibut is that it dries out greatly when cooking. *Hence the reason so many "successful" recipes require marinating in the typical soy,fish,teriyaki stuff and grilling. *

Ingredients:

Halibut fillet
1/2 C Mayonasse
1/2 C Sour Cream
1/2 C shredded SHARP chedder cheese
salt n pepper

mix the mayo and sour cream together in a bowl

place your Halibut fillet in a baking pan, season with salt-n-pepper

spread the mayo/sour cream mixture evenly over the halibut fillet.

pop this in a preheated 400 to 425 degree oven for 15 minutes. *remove from oven and sprinkle the 1/2 C cheddar over the whole thing. *Pop back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.

FS

Farrier_Frank
05-18-2006, 09:08 AM
I found a similar halibut recipe in an Alaskan cook book and it's one of my favorites. The only difference is to chop up some scallions and pat them into the filet before putting on the mayo/sour cream. I'll have to give the cheese suggestion a try next time I cook some halibut.... and don't skimp on the mayo/sour cream mix.

metalmouth
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
That is a great recipe for Salmon as well, with the Salmon mix in a little dried dill. ;) Also try experimenting with some mild white cheese.

MM 8-) ;D 8-)

SuperDave
05-18-2006, 10:26 AM
It all sounds like good, low calorie fish. ;D

ITUKAWAL
05-18-2006, 12:50 PM
I found a similar halibut recipe in an Alaskan cook book and it's one of my favorites. The only difference is to chop up some scallions and pat them into the filet before putting on the mayo/sour cream. I'll have to give the cheese suggestion a try next time I cook some halibut.... and don't skimp on the mayo/sour cream mix.

Hey Frank, next time you decide to do this one, I know a nice little cottage tucked away in Greenwood where you can cook that Halibut. :) :)

dukedempsey
08-12-2006, 05:22 PM
I need to try that ! A real simple one my bro uses is just to cut nuggets dip in olive oil, roll in parmesan chesse and bake 15 mins or so.

krzyfshrmn
11-13-2006, 09:45 PM
Have to give this one a thumbs up [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Tried it tonight, but instead of the mayo, I used 1/2 cup of Maries Caeser dressing. My wife was even impressed, and she's not real big on fish. Simple and very tasty.

drstressor
11-14-2006, 12:22 AM
Maries Caeser dressing

The universal marinade and fish sauce base!