PDA

View Full Version : Teach me how to build a rod ?

bpr
07-29-2014, 03:23 PM
Was wondering if there is anybody close to the auburn area that could show me the ropes. Main reason is to see if its something I would like to do before I dive in and buy all the things to do it. So any help would be appreciated thanks.

TexWalker
08-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Im in Carmichael, but I can answer most of your questions and run you through the basics. I have made a dozen or so rods so far.

ghostfish_slayer
08-04-2014, 08:17 PM
mudhole has pretty good step by step instructions.. when i first i started wrapping them i did them in my lap with a clamp on thread tensioner..i made a rod stand and i hand tunned them to dry for hrs... after i did a few... many wanted . eventually i sold enough to buy a power wrapper and drying motor... thousands of rods later the parts have quadrupled in price and most have gone over seas... to keep those costs down but hey still have gone up.. q/c sucks i don't even think it is worth my time any more.. get 10-12+ hrs in a rod and it snaps . i would just rather go buy one for half the cost with a warranty because that's how the big people want it to be..

Ryan808
09-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Not too close to you as I'm in the Bay area, but Ill be glad to answer any questions you have. PM me your contact if interested.