PDA

View Full Version : what's a good steak marinade?

trout_man
10-17-2006, 05:25 PM
what's a good steak marinade? Besides that, what type of steaks do you guys prefer and how do you prepare it.

striper_assasin
10-18-2006, 09:19 AM
a nice fat and juicy rib-eye steak marinated in chaka sauce.MmM MmM MmM,think i know what i want now for dinner :)

mike_d
10-18-2006, 02:53 PM
Theres a marinade and tenderizer I use that is excellant. I think its made by lawrys, it's one of those envelope type packets. All you do is add water and marinade for about 30 mins. Meat comes out real tender. :)
As for the steak nothing but ribeyes grilled over charcoal not gas. MMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMM

spinfisher
10-18-2006, 03:30 PM
Yesss! Rib eye steak, with bone in. Rub with fresh smashed garlic, a little salt, and fresh cracked black pepper. Grill em up rare - nothing more needed. Doc likes A1 sauce on them, but I just like the steak itself. Yummmm!

We don't do this nearly enough - too many Salmon steaks to deal with ;) ::) ;D

45_Auto
10-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Spinfisher's got the right idea, though I'll take mine medium rare. If I need to marinate, some lime juice and Jose do a good job.

metalmouth
10-19-2006, 06:36 AM
Fillet Mignon, Marinate 2 hours in Red Wine, Worcestershire, Minced Garlic, and Cracked Pepper.

fishdude76
10-19-2006, 07:45 AM
Porterhouse steak with light salt & pepper over charcoal cooked nice and slow away from the flame.

SuperDave
10-20-2006, 11:42 AM
This is an old stand by for tri tip or tri tip steaks.

1 1/2 cups soy sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
minced garlic (amount = your choice)

I cut a typical tri tip into 1 1/2" thick steaks or buy the Costco tri tip steaks. Marinate for 30 - 45 minutes. With steak marinate, don't over do or it totally over powers the flavor of the beef.

trout_man
10-20-2006, 01:08 PM
Sounds good SuperDave. I'll try that one. Tried chaka sauce the other day and it was ok. I think it was more like i needed an actual grill but instead i got lazy and did on the george foreman.

striper_assasin
10-20-2006, 02:24 PM
lol at the foreman grill,i too have been lazy the last few bbq's and dragged out the foreman grill. :-[

ghostfish_slayer
10-21-2006, 03:27 PM
some of my best ones are usually the ones where i don't remember what all went in them.last week i did some skirt steaks.try'n to remember,,italian dressing,Worcestershire sauce, a squirt of that thick teryaki,half a beer and half a dr.pepper,a little sea salt and some ground pepper.they sat almost all day.i was pretty pickled by the time the steaks were done but i remember quite a few people saying they were good.