PDA

View Full Version : Siskiyou?

dapainter
08-06-2014, 09:13 AM
hows the trout fishing in the summer at Siskiyou lake? and do they have panfish,bluegills or crappie?...going camping up there on monday the 11th.....Thanks

dapainter
08-06-2014, 06:09 PM
wow??????????????......nothin no responses...well i will give a report with pics when i get back...HAHA....peace
:wow_2:

AnglingWes
08-06-2014, 07:10 PM
I spent a weekend there 3 weeks ago. Caught some little (less than 10") bass. Never saw a trout all weekend. Killer little campground and resort for the kids thou.

dapainter
08-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Thanks

TroutLife
08-06-2014, 10:54 PM
The lake has rainbows, browns, smallmouth. They used to plant brooks years back. When I was a kid people talked of catfish in the lake, I never saw one personally though. When you get there, go to the marina and ask the fellas working the dock. They should be able to provide you with current reports. I heard the lake has a lot of algae this year. Best bet is to fish early and late in the day. Try wagon creek inlet off north shore rd.. Anywhere there is cold water coming in. If you drive all the way down north shore rd., you will find the north and south fork of the sac inlets! Fish deep, try inflated crawler/power bait combo or just power bait! I grew up in Shasta and fished countless hours the lake. Good luck, you can also fish the upper sac. Just check the regs, very strict regs. Very enjoyable though.

siskiyoufisherman
08-07-2014, 07:11 AM
If you have a boat fish across from the dam by the stump buoys. Top line a 1/2 a crawler behind a seps side kick 100 feet back so slow there is hardly a wake behind you. It can be 90 out and there are still trout on the top. Also drop a line down deeper with any orange lure. There are small bluegill around any weeds and riprap, actually down in the rip rap. There are catfish in there too but for some reason they only feed at night. You can catch bass and bluegills around the marina also. Good Luck.

dapainter
08-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks..I will have a boat,for a day...renting one....hopefully i get every species ...trout,bass,bluegill and cat..THANKS AGIAN for the heads up everyone.:excited:

fat fish
08-07-2014, 10:48 AM
If ur renting a boat I would line a few reels with some leadcore to get down deeper after the sun has been on the water a while. Just a thought since it most likely won't have downriggers. Good luck and I agree go fish dunsmuir and catch some tagged beasts.

dapainter
08-08-2014, 08:37 AM
im bringin my "poormans"down rigger...LOL

siskiyoufisherman
08-16-2014, 06:46 AM
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????