PDA

View Full Version : DIFFERENT WAYS OF COOKING TROUT

fishmaster2020
03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I BARBEQUE MY TROUT WITH BUTTER, PEPPER, GARLIC, AND HERBS.

jdogg
03-30-2006, 01:26 PM
troutlet.com got a bunch of trout recipes.

metalmouth
03-30-2006, 01:32 PM
troutlet.com got a bunch of trout recipes.

Thanks Jdogg, this one sounded great:
http://www.troutlet.com/scripts/prodview.asp?idProduct=261

Make sure you cook any blackened fish in a well ventilated area. If done properly it is going to create a lot of smoke.

MM 8-) ;D 8-)

Steve_M
04-01-2006, 07:41 PM
The way I blacken fish is outside on my coleman stove, very hot cast iron skillet. If you do it the house every cat in the neighborhood will be waiting at your door step for weeks. ;)

keysersoze
07-10-2006, 06:29 AM
when i bbq em, i rub some seasoning, garlic, salt, parsley, and pepper. i butter the foil. put em on. flip it over once. take it off and add some lemon to take the fishy smell out. and HMMM MMM. deliciously sweet/juicy.

when i filet them, with the unused meat i take a spoon and scrape them into a bowl. depending on the batter i find, i will just use that and fry whatever is left.

sometimes i saute, kind of like the style they have with mackerel in a can and tomatoes. some oil, garlic, onions, seasoning sauce or soysauce, salt pepper, parsley, tomatoes, trout, then i finish it with cilantro.

ratss427
07-16-2006, 07:45 PM
The way I blacken fish is outside on my coleman stove, very hot cast iron skillet. If you do it the house every cat in the neighborhood will be waiting at your door step for weeks. ;)
i sometimes cook my fish in a similar way.and you are absolutely right when you say pan searing makes some smell!but, it is well worth it.searing seals in moisture .and flavor.its one of my favorite ways to cook trout. ;)

BLASTMASTER
07-27-2006, 07:27 AM
Smoked trout! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I smoke it the same as I would salmon. Side-by-side taste tests have the trout winning over salmon 6-4 out of ten.

I just finished a batch last weekend. Half trout and half salmon, hickory flavor. Mmmm!

spinfisher
08-02-2006, 11:21 AM
This is a sea trout recipe, but it is good for the milder tasting trout - rat macks from good water would be great.

Marinate the fillets with a bit of dry sherry and lemon juice. Bread and fry, or flour and panfry in butter. Salt and pepper, and sprinkle with a little more sherry and lemon.

Make a spread of hardboiled egg, butter, chopped pimento, parsley. Spoon on the fish, and run it under the broiler briefly, if you want.

This is Trout Rusa (more or less)