PDA

View Full Version : Two rod vs one rod waters.

Porem
08-11-2014, 12:57 PM
Anyone here know what the justification/reason for more costal rivers such as the Petaluma or Napa having a one rod restriction while the rest of the inland rivers and water bodies allow two rods. Is there a biology reason or is it just ease of enforcement?

Best,
Phil

Cali Duck
08-11-2014, 01:43 PM
My guess would be to reduce impacts on fish populations where it may be "easier" to hook fish vs. inland waters where the fish are more spread out or less impacted by heavy fishing...

Just a guess tho!

Flatline
08-14-2014, 05:12 AM
I don't know why fish and game has this regulation (west of carquinez only one rod allowed).

salmonid
08-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Good question. I have no idea either!

QueenAnnesRevenge
08-14-2014, 09:18 AM
I think the line has mostly to do with Salmon. That is likely where they consider the end of ocean salmon and the beginning of the brackish river run. Since ocean salmon have a restriction of 1 rod up here it just made enforcement easier.

Porem
08-14-2014, 03:29 PM
QAR i guessing the reasoning is something along that line. Purely a selfish question on my part. I just really wish I could troll two rods up the river. It would be so much easier to get a read on colors and bait types the stripers are responding to.