PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Fish???

Goodtimes
06-03-2006, 08:42 PM
Does anyone out there have a good recipe for bbqing fish. I am looking for something different to satisfy my taste buds.

Goodtimes

Topaz_Tom
06-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Hey Goodtimes, I just tried this recipe for bbq trout. It's simple but really good. Fillet your fish, I try to get all the bones out, then put a light coating of mayonaise on one side of the fillet, then put that side down on the barby, lightly coat the other side with mayo and sprinkle with lemon pepper. I do mine on high heat about 4-6 minutes per side depending on the size of the fish. I like tarter sauce, or serve them plain. I'm getting hungry typing this. ;D I think you'll like it. Tom [smiley=angling.gif]

FatCat
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
Here is a very simple Japanese recipe for trout, I also like to use it for surf perch:

Ingredients:

Salt (I prefer Kosher)
Soy sauce
lemon slices

Make a few slices in the sides of the whole fish, less guts and gills.

Liberally coat the whole fish with salt and set in the fridge for a half hour.

Heat up your grill while the fish is curing. Place the fish in a fish basket and grill until crispy on the outside but not burnt. Or you can do it Japanese-style and skewer them and cook them over a fire!

Drizzle with soy sauce and lemon juice and dig in!

http://www.oota.jp/fish/shioyaki/0082a.jpg

ghostfish_slayer
06-06-2006, 08:17 PM
fresh caught ablicore dipped in sesame teriyaki seared on bbq..

FatCat
06-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Yeah Ghostfish! I love BBQ albacore! I marinate it in a mix of soy sauce, sake, fresh ginger, and garlic before grilling it up!

imacamper
06-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Yeah Ghostfish! I love BBQ albacore! I marinate it in a mix of soy sauce, sake, fresh ginger, and garlic before grilling it up!

And at the risk of going off topic, that basic base is great for all kinds of fish, chicken, pork, and beef. *Other things I've added are sesame oil, brown sugar (sometimes, not so good with beef), cayenne or crushed red pepper, black peper, different types of wine instead of sake, etc. *I've even used it as a brine before smoking various meats. *Very Good! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]