PDA

View Full Version : Any good striper recipes?

Trout_Shark
05-24-2006, 10:47 AM
Been catching a lot and finally kept one. I was just wondering if anyone has a favorite recipe they would share with me?
Thanks, Mike.

PlugROCKSTAR
05-25-2006, 08:06 PM
This is Traditional Filipino Dish.

The lightly boiled, slightly sour soup known as sinigang makes a delightful dish when served with rice. This soup is cooked using souring agents like unripe guavas, tamarind leaves and flowers, kamias and tomatoes. There are different varieties of sinigang such as sinigang na isda (sour vegetable soup with fish) .

2 lb - 3 lbs halibut fish with bone; sliced
1 md Sized onion; sliced
1 md Sized tomato; diced 5 cups rice water
2 ea Japanese eggplany; sliced thick diagonally
2 c Oriental radish (diakon) sliced diagonally
1 ts Fish sauce (patis)
1 ea Hot chili pepper; optional
1 ea Lemon; juice of
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ea fresh spinach;
Lemon slices

YIELD: 5 SERVINGS In a covered soup pot over medium high heat, bring rice water, onion and tomato to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, add diakon, eggplants, juice of one lemon, hot chili pepper, fish sauce, a little salt and pepper, and simmer for 8 minutes. Add fish and simmer for another 10-15 minutes until cooked. Turn off heat. Correct sesonings to taste. Add spinach and cover for 1-2 minutes. Serve immediately. For extra tartness, sprinkle a little lemon juice on individual bowl servings. Serves 4-5.

Kneedeep
05-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I assume you have the fillets with no skin or red meat nice and cold. cut into 1" long by 1/2" thick by 1" wide. Beat 1 egg and 1/2 beer in a bowl. Drop the fish in the bowl and then roll in flower and put in HOT oil in a frying pan. turn once until both sides are golden brown. Mix up some catsup and horseradish and a little lemon juice for dipping. and if you have made some rice a roni (fried rice with almonds) YOUR IN BUSINESS. Try it youll like it. Kneedeep [smiley=chowtime.gif]

Linesider
05-31-2006, 01:37 PM
This is an awesome striper recipe and one that everyone will like:

Blackened Striper with Lemon Aioli

Striper filets with skin removed
1/4 stick melted butter
Paul Prudhommes Fish Magic (find in spice isle of any supermarket)
Salt

Aioli:

1/2 cup good mayonaise
Juice of one lemon
zest from half the lemon
1 small garlic clove finely minced
salt to taste

Make aioli first by combining all ingrediants in a small bowl. Place in fridge for 1/2 hour minimum so flavors can meld.

Heat a cast iron or non-stick skillet over medium high to high heat. Set oven to 450 degrees.

Dip fish filets into melted butter and sprinkle each side with Fish Magic powder and a little salt. The more powder you add the spicier the fish will be. Turn your stove top fan on high and add the fish filets to the hot dry pan (important: do not add any oil or butter to the pan, the butter on the fish is all you will need). Give it about 3 minutes for the crust to develop and then flip fish filets and put pan in oven. Roast in oven for about 5 minutes or longer depending on how well done you like your fish.

Serve with a dallop of the aioli on the top with your favorite white wine.

Enjoy!

ghostfish_slayer
05-31-2006, 09:57 PM
steak fish,remove red meat from sides of steaks,place in glass pan,season with the goodies,lemon juice.add a little beer or wine,let soak in fridge for a hour.then bbq till almost done.add some soaked hickory chips to the coals close lid for the last part of the bbq'ing.in about 3-5 minuits open lid and get ready to eat it up.

Trout_Shark
06-02-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks guys, printed out all four. Now to catch some keepers. My mouth is watering, all of these recipes sound soooooo GOOD! :)
I'll let you guys know how they turn out.

Trout_Shark
06-02-2006, 08:17 AM
This is Traditional Filipino Dish.

The lightly boiled, slightly sour soup known as sinigang makes a delightful dish when served with rice. This soup is cooked using souring agents like unripe guavas, tamarind leaves and flowers, kamias and tomatoes. There are different varieties of sinigang such as sinigang na isda (sour vegetable soup with fish) .

Serve immediately. For extra tartness, sprinkle a little lemon juice on individual bowl servings. Serves 4-5.

You forgot step 1: REMOVE ALL WOOD HANGING OFF STRIPERS LIP ;D ;)

Linesider
06-02-2006, 02:41 PM
Stripers also make great fish tacos. If you go to the string "Awesome sauce for fish tacos", you'll find another one of my recipes posted there. It seems like a little work, but really not.

bayareafishermen
06-05-2006, 06:24 PM
talking about fillet your making me hungry haha now I want to to try to get a keeper stripper and eat it haha... ;D :D

Trout_Shark
06-06-2006, 07:34 AM
talking about fillet your making me hungry haha now I want to to try *to get a keeper stripper and eat it haha... ;D :D

I notice you have put in the time...they will come. Just make sure it's not a pre-spawn female, I hate when people keep those. >:(
But those bucktails WILL get you a keeper if you stick with them..good luck and better eating!

bayareafishermen
06-06-2006, 08:12 AM
all my sm,lm bass are throw back and released .I never caught a keeper stripper though.SO i have no idea whats a buck tail..