PDA

View Full Version : Dunsmuir Bounty Hunt Update

siskiyoufisherman
08-16-2014, 08:33 AM
Here is what I have so far from the dunsmuir big fish program facebook page.

(
I thought everyone might enjoy an update. Our committee has been on the ball. We now have dates set for the Big Fish Derby Between the Scarlett Way bridge and Shearer Ave bridge in Dunsmuir California. The dates are 8-23, 8-24, 8-30, 8-31, 9-6, 9-7, 9-13, 9-14, 9-20, 9-21, 9-27, and the last day 9-28-14. With every bounty program there are RULES! To be a "Bounty Hunter" you will have to purchase your registration badge for the cost of $5.00 at one of these three places the Dunsmuir Hardware Store, The Ted Fay Fly Shop and The Dunsmuir Chamber Of Commerce. Only 50 badges will be sold DAILY. To claim your reward, you have to remove the TAG from the dorsal fin on the trout and bring it to the Dunsmuir Hardware store. If you want to bring the fish, that is optional. Pictures are a must! We want the World to see these fish, they're incredible! Each weekend there will be five fish in the Upper Sacramento with $100 bounty on them. You must be registered to claim the reward. There will be weekly BIG fish caught and prizes available for everyone. You have to take your fish into the Dunsmuir Hardware store to be weighed. Our river looks great right now. Lots of water and the fishing has been GREAT! Dunsmuir Big Fish Program)

Captain Compassion
08-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Siskiyoufisherman is a one man rooting section for fishing in the Upper Sacramento River area. Prior to 1991 when I fished the Upper Sac in the Dunsmuir area it was one of the blue ribbon waters in the western US. In 1991 19,000 gallons of a soil fumigant - metam sodium. was dumped in the river upstream of the town due to a train derailment. For all intents and purposes the river was was stripped of all life for many miles downstream. There has been a tireless effort during the last 20+ years to bring this beautiful water back. It can be safely said that it is. A wonderful place to fish in a beautiful, friendly little town.

CC

Jetspray
08-17-2014, 04:42 AM
That wreck was a mess, rode up on a motorcycle to see the area at the time CC. The tournament/bounty hunt is a great thing to have and will help with the drought conditions I am sure. Good luck to all.........Jetspray

siskiyoufisherman
08-17-2014, 08:16 PM
I'm not on any chamber of commerce or city council or anything, just a fisherman spreading the news. When I decide to go fish some lakes on my list I'm hoping that by always posting these reports in return I might get some good information to help my day of fishing, thats all. It's hard to believe how many days that I have miles of river to myself. I don't mind sharing the river as long as nobody catches this brown that got away in 2006 in my favorite local lake, that would hurt.

Captain Compassion
08-17-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm not on any chamber of commerce or city council or anything, just a fisherman spreading the news. When I decide to go fish some lakes on my list I'm hoping that by always posting these reports in return I might get some good information to help my day of fishing, thats all. It's hard to believe how many days that I have miles of river to myself. I don't mind sharing the river as long as nobody catches this brown that got away in 2006 in my favorite local lake, that would hurt.

Well they should hire you.:grin: Hope you get that brown.

CC

TroutLife
08-18-2014, 08:41 AM
You must be referring to McCloud, it has the best brown population up there. Although Siskiyou is sure to have a few big browns also!