PDA

View Full Version : W. Carson getting low...........

Mr Ed
08-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Took my Grand-daughter over the Luther pass ( 7740ft el. ) to the valley of fish.....
as I knew it since fishing it since I was 9 years old.

I almost cried when I saw how low the water was.......... never in 60 years
have I seen this water in this bad of shape.
I am just hoping that there is not a major kill off from warm water and low oxygen
before the snows and new moisture can return to this wild area.

Any way... no BIG fish would take my young "Grasshopper's" offerings but she did get a few
to grab the old worm........... the red eggs did not work today.

Took the fish back to the cabin and into a pan with some butter..........
They were so fresh, "Riggy" did not come to visit and we had to "Hold them down" for the count, while cooking.

Veronica stated that fish cooked very fresh did not have a fishy taste......... and she found out that this was very true. She almost died and went to heaven when she dug into the browned trout.

Always great to get out with the kids.......... they are the future, since I am getting too old to
be jumping rock to rock !! I missed one in front of Sorenson's and had to get both feet wet !! Darn................ At least I made a full 180 and landed without any damage......... just sand and pebbles in my tennis shoes.

I told her she needs to come up and do Pyramid with me !!

Here is a picture of the new kid on the block.
http://oi58.tinypic.com/mb6f11.jpg

Mr Ed
08-17-2014, 06:19 PM
I have posted the picture two times and it will not show.....
sorry.

It worked on the other site.........

Captain Compassion
08-17-2014, 07:09 PM

Mr Ed
08-18-2014, 07:00 AM
Thank you CC.

TahoeLund
08-19-2014, 08:00 PM
Well water is getting very low now but we are still able to get the loads of fish in the river. The Alpine County Fish and Game commission is still planting the East and West fork of the Carson river. We will have 5 more loads of fish this fishing season going into the rivers. We will also being doing some stocking of Lake Alpine over on the Bear Valley side. We are also planning on Planting Indian Creek Resivoir After the rivers are closed. So this means the fishing in Alpine county will continue to be superb through the rest of the season. Yes we are having to get creative where we stock due to the low water levels. So the fish should be spread out through the rivers pretty well. Hope to see lots of people around enjoying what Alpine County has to offer. Good fishing everyone

Treebeard
08-19-2014, 08:31 PM
I was at the 89/88 junction a few days ago, and the streambed does look pretty mucky... I prefer river rocks that don't have green hair... didn't feel like risking pulling a fish out of it and Rosie wanted to walk so we cruised around the banks for a while; she took a muckbath and then we high-tailed it up to Caples and clearer water. That's a beautiful meadow but the river looks better with water running through it :p

TB

TahoeLund
08-20-2014, 07:44 PM
Both east and west fork of the carson river you will notice a little more muck than usual. We had some pretty heavy thunderstorms that caused some mud slides and got some silt into the river bed. Should start slowly clearing out as the water clears and the river does its thing naturally. good fishing all go get the big one

Captain Compassion
08-20-2014, 09:52 PM
Both east and west fork of the carson river you will notice a little more muck than usual. We had some pretty heavy thunderstorms that caused some mud slides and got some silt into the river bed. Should start slowly clearing out as the water clears and the river does its thing naturally. good fishing all go get the big one

Compared to the W. Walker the Carsons are pristine. Should be a good couple of weeks up in Alpine County.

CC

Jetspray
08-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Compared to the W. Walker the Carsons are pristine. Should be a good couple of weeks up in Alpine County.

CCHopefully I will be able to attend those sessions CC, things may change. I just hope we have a very bad winter with lots of snow.:lotsocoffee2ek:..:biggrin:........Jetspray