PDA

View Full Version : Wings, Wings, Wings.

PlugROCKSTAR
03-22-2006, 09:00 AM
I'm a sucker for really good wings. There is this place called Wing Stop down the street from my house and we tried it for the 1st time last week and i think it was darn good. sunracer's wife makes some killer wings as well. Common' give me a recipe to ry at home. ;)

Thanks

SuperDave
03-22-2006, 12:57 PM
A recipe given to me today by a friend in my office:

BBQ THAI CHICKEN WINGS

4 LBs Chicken Wings (or legs & thighs or whole cut up chicken maybe used as well)

1 Can Coconut Milk* (not canned coconut cream)
2 Tblsp Fish Sauce* (Thai nam pla; or Vietnamese, nuoc mam)
2 or 3 TblspThai Green Curry Paste* (use amount for desired spiciness, more if you dare!)
1 1/2 Tblsp Brown Sugar
2 Tblsp Sake (or dry sherry or dry white wine)
3 Tblsp Cilantro - chopped
1/4 Cup Green Onions - chopped

X Wash chicken wings.

X Mix all ingredients with hand blender until well blended. (or regular blender)

X Pour green curry marinade over chicken, coat well and marinade in the refrigerator for at least three hours. If possible work marinade under skin. Turn every so often.

X BBQ over medium grill for 35 to 45 minutes depending on the heat. Turn every 8 minutes or so.

* These ingredients are found in a well stocked grocery store or market that carries Asian food.

PlugROCKSTAR
03-22-2006, 01:06 PM
thanks for sharing. I will definitely try that. I have most of the ingredients you posted.

sunracer1957
03-22-2006, 03:04 PM
916 Call Joy she can tell you how to do it and its not very hard at all.. and you will really like them when there first cooked,, thats when there best. ;)

PlugROCKSTAR
03-22-2006, 03:33 PM
916 Call Joy she can tell you how to do it and its not very hard at all.. and you will really like them when there first cooked,, thats when there best. ;)

could you just please ask her to make me a batch? thanks Buddy. :-*

YakMotor
03-22-2006, 08:32 PM
Sounds like a KILLER receipe, but too much work for me. I just go to Sam's Club and buy a bag of Tyson's Tequila lime flavored (precooked) wings and am snackin after just 20 minutes in the oven or 7 minutes in the microwave .... GOOD!

ITUKAWAL
03-23-2006, 09:30 AM

could you just please ask her to make me a batch? thanks Buddy. :-*

Joy, me too, me too, yummmmmmmmmm [smiley=banana2.gif] [smiley=banana2.gif] [smiley=banana2.gif] [smiley=banana2.gif]

Farrier_Frank
03-27-2006, 07:30 AM
Hey BOWB... if you ain't catching anything this board serves up menus for what to eat while you're waiting for something to bite. ;)

SuperDave
03-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Hey BOWB... if you ain't catching anything this board serves up menus for what to eat while you're waiting for something to bite. ;)

Wish I could change the name of this forum for the reason BOWB suggests. I'd love to see a lot more, "When I was a kid, my mom used to make the best..." recipes.

Capt_Hooked
04-01-2006, 09:39 PM
The trick to wings is the texture. I hate nothing more than soggy wings, they have to be crispy. I used to live by this place that would have free wings and beer for 2 hours every Thursday (it made for some tough Fridays). They would deep fry the wings, so they were crispy, then give em a quick dunk in a hot sauce.

At home, I cook the wings on a really hot grill and dunk them in Franks hot sauce. http://www.franksredhot.com/recipe/franks/home.jsp?fc=1
Costco carries Franks but you have to buy a gallon of it. Really good wings!

05r6
04-03-2006, 07:43 AM
couldnt agree more capt. texture

similiar recipe.

i use the regular franks hot sauce, not the buffalo wings version.
------------------------
franks hot sauce

salt

pepper

mezzatta yellow pepper in the jar ( need the juice )

butter

chayenne pepper

and of course wings

-----------
i heat up some oil, pref peanut oil to high temp, 350-375. dry off the wings, salt and fry a few at a time for a few mintues. you dont want to fry too many at a time becuase the oil temp drops to much and you want hot oil. dont fry for too long cause to get the optimal crispiness, this recipe calls for double frying place the semi fried wings on a cooling rack if you have one, if not on a plate with some paper towels.

while youre frying the wings a few pieces at a time, in a pot, toss in the franks hot sauce, add some chayenne and a pat of butter. let these blend together. taste to your spiciness. then add a couple teaspoons of the vingear juice from the mezzatta hot peppers. taste to your "new" spiciness and tanginess. *at this point this sauce is done, but i like to add smoked paprika, white pepper, black pepper.

now the wings should have all gotten a once over in the hot oil. take them all out and heat the oil back up to a nice temp. toss all the wings back in. after a minute, start taking the wings out and drop them into the hot sauce mixture.

eat immediately.

heres my original version i made up about a year ago with some pics.
http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=euge_415_w210&nextdate=1%2f16%2f200 5+23%3a59%3a59.999