PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Inshore conditions this week.

brokea--boater
09-10-2014, 06:29 AM
There have been a couple threads lately about go and no go conditions for salt fishing. For those that want to dip their toe's into the salt for the first time or are just starting to, looks like this weekend is shaping up about as good as it gets for Bodega north, I didn't look at south though. I'm heading to Ore. to chase some Tuna. Its going to be a long 8 hr. tow but I'll go to a tuna bite if charlie is not going to come to us this year. Looks like we'll be in lake like conditions up there. Hopefully this is the beginning of our fall conditions and we'll see many more days of this. see you out there,,, gregg

untalan1
09-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Hello gregg just got back from san diego sat,My buddy and I towed his 22' grady down there it took us 12hrs there and 10 hrs back.Fished three days 1st two days was real slow did end up on last day with our limit of yellow fin.Where in Oregon are you fishing? how far are they offshore?We had to go 30 plus to get our tuna.Efren

dennis l
09-10-2014, 07:35 AM
Good luck bloody those decks!! :bananatiedie:

brokea--boater
09-10-2014, 07:42 AM
This year has been the sheetz for Albies. Only a handful of guys, my self included, have gone the distance to the grounds, 80+ miles out, this year. Only to find onesee's twosee's. I was in the mind set to run to S.D. for a few days just to pull on something bigger than a Salmon or rockfish. Thats awesome you guys did it, kudos to you and your crew. There was fish caught out of Coos last week, and close too, than the weather came in. This upper level low passing over north of here has the ocean laying down a few days and we're going to go see if we can find'em in numbers. I'm hoping that they are still there and on the chew. I'm seriously low on Tuna. I have about 10 jars left, need to change that soon,,,gregg

dsa2780
09-10-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm heading with capt.jack to the Sonoma coast on Friday for rocks and lings. I've never been on the salt before, but this post reassures me that it won't be anything terrible. Hopefully I get into a ling and don't spend 5 hours vomiting.

Ducks247
09-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Heading out Saturday from bodega. Should be glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brokea--boater
09-11-2014, 12:59 PM
I'm heading with capt.jack to the Sonoma coast on Friday for rocks and lings. I've never been on the salt before, but this post reassures me that it won't be anything terrible. Hopefully I get into a ling and don't spend 5 hours vomiting.

Awesome, I saw Steve throw a hitch hiker post up on OA. Steve will show you the way to get it done. Good job jumping on Lucky Charm. Your going to be too busy boxing fish to worry about being sick. And if you do feel a little queasy, the rules are "hit the rail and shoot for distance". I'd be sharing the deck with you if I wasn't heading north,,,gregg