PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Rod Builders in California Central Valley or Delta

Valley Fisherman
10-28-2014, 07:21 PM
Well, I was trying to locate some fishing rod builders in my area but the yellow pages and short online search had nothing promising. Does anyone have any recommendations for a rod builder in my area the Central Valley? If there is any in the Delta I could travel if needed.

I'm thinking of getting a Seeker two piece 9' super moocher rated for 12-30 lb line and I wanted to customize it instead of going with the retail version. Since I have no experience with building one and this would be a more expensive blank, I was looking for someone with more experience to build it instead of me experimenting on this one.

Maybe in the future I can experiment with a more simple or cheaper blank.

Thank you

Line Stretcher
10-28-2014, 08:58 PM
Do you have an old rod to practice on? That's how most of us start. Once you learn the basics it can be really rewarding.

Sent by a fisherman using a stick, kite string and a cricket on a bent safety pin

Valley Fisherman
11-07-2014, 05:51 AM
Do you have an old rod to practice on? That's how most of us start. Once you learn the basics it can be really rewarding.

Sent by a fisherman using a stick, kite string and a cricket on a bent safety pin

I'm going to do that. I have an old Ugly Stik Catfish rod I like and I removed the reel seat and grips already, it was a real pain to do. I got some supplies from mudhole, they had very informative videos, and now I just need to remove the guides and figure out what to put on it. I'll post a pic when finished.

Line Stretcher
11-07-2014, 07:06 AM
I'm going to do that. I have an old Ugly Stik Catfish rod I like and I removed the reel seat and grips already, it was a real pain to do. I got some supplies from mudhole, they had very informative videos, and now I just need to remove the guides and figure out what to put on it. I'll post a pic when finished.
That's a great start! I also get most of my supplies from mudhole.

Jfitalia
11-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Well, I was trying to locate some fishing rod builders in my area but the yellow pages and short online search had nothing promising. Does anyone have any recommendations for a rod builder in my area the Central Valley? If there is any in the Delta I could travel if needed.

I'm thinking of getting a Seeker two piece 9' super moocher rated for 12-30 lb line and I wanted to customize it instead of going with the retail version. Since I have no experience with building one and this would be a more expensive blank, I was looking for someone with more experience to build it instead of me experimenting on this one.

Maybe in the future I can experiment with a more simple or cheaper blank.

Thank you
What area? Gordon Gee at sac pro tackle does great work.

CRABBY
11-07-2014, 03:47 PM
You can try this guy,guess hes still around,been awhile>>>

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/vendor-board/96205-vics-custom-rods.html

Slowtrollr
11-30-2014, 06:45 PM
If you are still looking, check out Walton Custom Rods, Terry is a great guy and will treat you right. He makes great down rigger rods and lures. Check out bottomlinetackle.com

ghostfish_slayer
12-03-2014, 03:32 PM
maybe batson rep is in sac town still.. look on batson site or utmost enterprises..