PDA

View Full Version : 90 secs to.....

PickLeNose
07-14-2008, 04:00 PM
........get a responce from the server.
When I load the front page (fishsniffer.com) the page loads snappy fast like. When I click a link, it just sits there for 90 secs then bang, the page loads. During the 90 sec wait there is no activity from your server. I have been watching it on zone alarm pro and the network utility in winXP pro. All the other web pages and boards I visit do not do this.
Just a heads up.

Mickey_Thomas
07-14-2008, 06:43 PM
When mine is moving slow I get a message; "waiting for server to respond" sometimes I get an all blue page and it says "done" but the link isn't loaded for 15-20 seconds later, is that normal?

żżż
07-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Hey! Much snappier! What'd you change?

PickLeNose
07-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Hey! *Much snappier! *What'd you change?

No changes on my end, still really really slow to dend the page info back. :(

I am trying to not take this personal, lol :)

żżż
07-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Well, it was pig slow at one point for me, and I know I didn't change anything on my end. All other sites were snappy when this site was slow. Now this site performs close to 'normal'.

Sorry you aren't getting that...

Hey! *Much snappier! *What'd you change?

No changes on my end, still really really slow to dend the page info back. *:(

I am trying to not take this personal, lol *:)

okie
07-22-2008, 07:43 AM
hey guys, it aint personal, its treatin us all the same apparently. mine was real slow for 5 or 6 days, then monday week ago in the afternoon it appeard to be normal, then last wed or thurs it slowed down again and is still slow. i am assuming it is because they are still workin on the upgrades.
but you know what ASSUME does....
bill

metalmouth
07-22-2008, 08:00 AM
It's not the upgrade that's slowing down some users. Most are reporting faster down load speeds. The problem still seems to be with some users from the Reno area. We don't have an explanation at this time.

żżż
07-23-2008, 12:30 PM
It's the high altitude. It's well known that data packets travel slower in thin air. :D

fishwish
07-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Nice upgrade! LOL I almost can't sniff. If I wasn't so helplessly addicted to fishing, I'd be long gone.

crowbar1
08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Mine is so slow it is un-useable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, please, help with this!!!!!!

It has been this way for me since the site "upgrade". An Update to let us know that you still care, and are working on it would be nice....

crowbar1
08-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Mine is so slow it is un-useable!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, please, please, help with this!!!!!!

It has been this way for me since the site "upgrade". An Update to let us know that you still care, and are working on it would be nice....

Anyone????

Prowler
08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
I think if you all get rid of the "extra" content on your computer, you may see faster sniffer downloads. ;) Part of the upgrade to keep it near NC-17. ;D

metalmouth
08-24-2008, 08:31 AM
Clear your cookies and temp files. It is probably loading the old site before this one. That would take a while. ;)

crowbar1
08-24-2008, 11:33 AM
Clear your cookies and temp files. It is probably loading the old site before this one. That would take a while. *;)

First off, thanks for the response!

I wish it was as easy as clearing cookies and temp files.

I just got a new computer, that was never on the old site, and I did not load any content from my last computer on the new one.

When this problem started, I even tried logging on from my wife's computer, and it had the same problem even though it had never been on the fishsniffer.

You said something about members from the Reno area having problems. I live in Auburn which is only an hour from the NV boarder.

Every other site on the net works just fine. Even the fishsniffer website works great. It is only when I get on the fishsniffer forums that I have issues. I post on quite a few other forums on the net, including some that use the exact same format as this one, and have no problems.

I love the sniffer forums, and really miss being able to read them. It is so slow now, that it would take hours to just read new posts because it take 1-2 minutes for any forum pages to load (including posting).

Please advise....

metalmouth
08-24-2008, 01:29 PM
Right now the average load time is under a second. The problem has to be with the routing on your end. I wish I could do something to remedy the situation for you but the guys in Reno aren't having the problems that they were. Also, we did nothing on our end to remedy the situation. It was beyond our control.

Sorry,

Don

drstressor
08-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Talk to your ISP. Give them the Fish Sniffer URL and ask them to check out the routing to your own address.

Denny1969
08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
I had slow downloads for the bulletin board a couple of weeks back. *It works fine now. *I think it was something with my ISP. *I didn't have any problems with the bulletin board at the office.

Denny

Prowler
08-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Do you have the Mcafee virus scanner? I have this and it comes on (on it's own) a couple times a week. There is a little arrow that goes around in a circle on the bottom tool bar. When it goes off, everything kinda just comes to a stop. I have to click on it, shut it off, and everything goes back to normal. VERY FRUSTRATING!

RonM
08-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Do you have the Mcafee virus scanner? I have this and it comes on (on it's own) a couple times a week. There is a little arrow that goes around in a circle on the bottom tool bar. When it goes off, everything kinda just comes to a stop. I have to click on it, shut it off, and everything goes back to normal. VERY FRUSTRATING!

My PC is on 24x7 so I set the scheduler to scan in the wee hours of the morning.