PDA

View Full Version : The Board Upgrade!

metalmouth
07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Thanks to everyone for your patience. Deborah has been toiling away to make everything work once again. The boat pics are now back on the Boat Board! Thanks Deborah for all of your hard work! The log in may appear at the bottom of the page for now.

MM/Don

troutfan
07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks Deb. Will we get the filepath back on top of the page ? Any idea when we'll be open to the public?

metalmouth
07-03-2008, 05:00 PM
I've requested the file path. It looks like she didn't initiate the link to the new board because of the log in button at the top of the page. New grinds slow. . . It's been a long process!

MB_Kevin
07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Any idea when we'll be open to the public?

Yea its kind of boring without everyone but some of the smilies seem to like the upgrade :) ;) :D >:( :(....Its always cool to upgrade the smilies ;)

JMat
07-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Why is the image on my screen so much narrower than it was before?

JMat

RonM
07-03-2008, 09:25 PM

JMat

Can you explain a bit more, my screen is the same size.

One thing you might check it in the "User CP" just under where is says VIEW, select "Profile" and then "Options", enter your password and select "CONFIRM", scroll down to "Which Template would you like to use?" and make sure it's set to "Forum Default".

Kneedeep
07-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Change is always a good thing, Yeah right if your Mr Ed. Ed loves to change up on the lures about every ten minutes, and it works for him. But as far as I'm concerned, it's gonna take me awhile to adjust, so please bear with me. Thanks to all of you who had a part in keeping up with the new technology and applying it here. I miss the mocho green but I guess I will get used to it. Hope Mickey can still hang with all the new technology going right now. :D ;D ;D ;D Got pictures Mick. ;)

Mr_Ed
07-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Hay wait a minute......

;D ;D ;D

still checking out the new stuff.........looks great. :D :D

Fish-on101
07-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Hope mick makes a change too of that darn boat that drives me up the wall. * [smiley=wallbash.gif]

cptdarel
07-03-2008, 11:09 PM

JMat
if you have a wheel mouse, hold the control button down as you turn your wheel on the mouse, the size will change.

KOKANEEKIDTC
07-03-2008, 11:14 PM
thanks for the resizing tip, cptdarel as i could barely read the text.

cabbagehead
07-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Not crazy about it, but change takes time. This is nothing compared to 8-track to cassette to CD to MP3. Speaking of that, where's my WalkMan and intestinal fly-line!

metalmouth
07-04-2008, 01:21 AM
It's still a work in progress. Thanks again Deb for spending all day and half the night getting us up and running. I'm headed fishing!

Don

troutfan
07-04-2008, 03:17 AM
Blue is my favorite color so I love it! Thanks Deb!

AllFishNoWork
07-04-2008, 03:37 AM
Blue is my favorite color so I love it! *Thanks Deb!
I went ahead and switched it back to the green and tan just for that reason ;) :)
Thanks Deb for all your hard work!

johnbfishin
07-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Blue is my favorite color also, this almost matches the color of my office walls. This shade of blue is a calming color so things should stay a little mellower around here. 8-)

troutfan
07-04-2008, 05:11 AM
Blue is my favorite color so I love it! *Thanks Deb!
I went ahead and switched it back to the green and tan just for that reason ;) :)

Hey you root for a team that wore uniforms that made them look like tacos, so I would expect no less! ;) ;D

Mickey_Thomas
07-04-2008, 05:25 AM
Before I found this thread I posted on "talk to the sniffer" board, :D I see that the moderators got to play yesterday, but none of the members, ::) It hurt ;D Like the new format, baby blue matches my baby blue blood shot eyes ;) I'm not changing my sig' though ;D

Martinez Frank
07-04-2008, 05:45 AM
Geeze I am just glad it's back up and working, I was starting to get the shakes :D

redmt
07-04-2008, 05:53 AM
Blue is my favorite color so I love it! Thanks Deb!

How do you change the colors? I'm pretty color blind and can barely read it.

John :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

oldfisherman
07-04-2008, 06:01 AM
I simply want to thank those who put an effort into the upgrade on the board. It looks great and so far works fine.
Thanks

rtandersen
07-04-2008, 06:04 AM
I like the new format! :) :) When i log into the boat classified it says log id mismatched.

ric1ric
07-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Yeah no boards for a whole day ,I was missing it. Only thing I see still no spell check. Everything else is good.

hooks
07-04-2008, 06:32 AM
I like the blue too. Easy on my eyes. Has a calming effect on me.

Thanks for all your work!

RonM
07-04-2008, 06:44 AM
I like the new format! :) :) *When *i *log *into *the boat classified *it says log id *mismatched.

The Boat Classified board it a separate board, did you register like you had to do for this one.

scfisher831
07-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Like the new board.The only thing I noticed is when I log in and hit the logged in button for (until I exit the browser).Then I log out and it still shows me logged in on the members list even though I'm logged out.kind of kooky :D :D

Chadzilla
07-04-2008, 08:35 AM
I like the new look... but now I get redirected to the main Message Board page when I try to use the drop down menu to get to a specific board.

kromebrite
07-04-2008, 09:07 AM

JMat
shrinkage ;) ;D

Nice change.

longshot
07-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Im with Chadzilla!!!
LS

rtandersen
07-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Re: The Board Upgrade!
Reply #24 - Today at 7:44am Quote Quote
rtandersen wrote on Today at 7:04am:
I like the new format! Smiley Smiley When i log into the boat classified it says log id mismatched.

The Boat Classified board it a separate board, did you register like you had to do for this one.

Thanks Ron

Christopherjake
07-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Personally I don't care for the sky blue color. It makes the text harder to read. Just my 2 cents. By the way, you might want to chage the boat classifieds page too to be consistent.

Martinez Frank
07-04-2008, 03:47 PM
I like the new look... but now I get redirected to the main Message Board page when I try to use the drop down menu to get to a specific board.

Yes, I do too what's up with that?

Kell_I
07-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Thanks Deb it looks great *:)

GN.
07-07-2008, 08:32 AM
Thanks for all the hard work on the upgrade. One question though. Is there a way for me to change the text color so that the posts I'm reading apear black. The light grey color is hard for me to read.

Thanks again.

zhands
07-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Yea I had the shakes also *;D

Thank you very much for upgrading.
One suggestion for the future, make the search page like PubMed, I spent 1/2 my life there.

On thing, all the articles I have saved (lots) are no longer valid links as I get sent to the main page. Any way to get around this?

Couldn't be happy w/o the Sniffer

Z *:)

metalmouth
07-07-2008, 10:29 AM
When they figure out what the path on the links will be we'll get you some info!

Working on the color as well as a few other issues. It's getting better. ;)

Don

stayrighthere
07-07-2008, 11:14 AM
i dont like it. replying to a P message is harder now. dumb.

Rusty_Hooks
07-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Wow...Somebody's got a new server :D [smiley=elmo.gif]

Nice Deb....real nice

Maybe I'm all alone here in cyberspace ::)

metalmouth
07-07-2008, 08:15 PM
The last maintenance work allows you to use the links you have saved from the old data base to still access the threads they were linked to.

johnbfishin
07-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm with ya Rusty.....I'm liking the new look. 8-)

oldfisherman
07-07-2008, 08:30 PM
The color is fine and I really like the improvements made tonight as they make navigation through the various boards much quicker. Thanks again to those who have put time into the upgrade.

zhands
07-07-2008, 09:58 PM
The last maintenance work allows you to use the links you have saved from the old data base to still access the threads they were linked to.

Thank you very much for all the upgrades. Love it. I used to be addicted to PubMed now I'm addicted to the Sniffer.

Appreciate all the hard work and dedication.
Blue is always easier on the eyes.

Z

Fish_Bully
07-08-2008, 07:57 AM
First and foremost I would like to echo the replies of gratitude and appreciation not just for an upgrade but for keeping this site up and running 24/7.

Does anyone else have problems with the PM inbox? I do, and I had a few PMs saved with mailing addresses, etc. The subject line of inbox messages are replaced by an IP address, the moniker is replaced by other useless text, and none of the actual body of the messages survived the 'upgrade'. Funny, if you look at the outbox, everything survived.

I would be singing from the rooftop if this 'upgrade' facilitated the ability to post larger pics. Any future plans for this???

Thanks again,

Flip

metalmouth
07-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Flip, Hopefully the upgrade of last night fixed your pm situation?

Chadzilla
07-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Good work guys... everything seems to be working perfectly.

Old_Steelheader
07-11-2008, 08:06 AM
I am already logged in and classified asks me to log in again. When I do it says wrong password. I am using my same password I always do to log on. Any Help???

metalmouth
07-11-2008, 08:14 AM
The boat board is a completely different board. You will have to reregister to post on that board.

Old_Steelheader
07-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Thank You, Big Al

żżż
07-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Hey! You guys updated the flyouts! I see salt-stripers!

YOU GUYS ROCK THE HOUSE! [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif]

RonM
07-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Hey! *You guys updated the flyouts! *I see salt-stripers! *

YOU GUYS ROCK THE HOUSE! [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif] [smiley=bananachaga.gif]

Yes, Deborah worked on the this morning....

żżż
07-11-2008, 03:33 PM
With the new board, is there any functionality that will allow me to specify specific boards as a 'favorite'? Then access all my favorites from one place?

I don't know about others, but there are a handful of boards that I frequent much more than others. It'd be great to have an ad hoc list definable according to one's profile.

One can dream... ;)

okie
07-12-2008, 05:17 PM
for the last 2 or 3 days my system has been really slow responding to any board i select or for pm's. all other internet systems workk fine, the 'homepage' comes up normally, but when i click on a board, any board its really slow. i've tried different times even when there are only a few sniffers logged on.
if there is something i can do to my pc to help this, please let me know.
even when i click on 'logout', nothing happens, next time i get on the sniffer i am already logged in.
HELP!!!
but i do appreciate all the hard work everyone is doing to improve the system.
bill

johnbfishin
07-13-2008, 06:41 AM
When I click on my QuickBooks program to do some office work I get the Sniffer home page.....what's up with that? :D ;D

metalmouth
07-13-2008, 12:26 PM
When I click on my QuickBooks program to do some office work I get the Sniffer home page.....what's up with that? :D ;D
Sounds like the perfect upgrade! I hope mind does the same. ;)